LEOSA Retired Officer Qual today

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
This afternoon I got to hang out with some law enforcement buddies and shoot the LEOSA qualification, which allows retired officers to carry concealed in all 50 states. My old pard and I each shot 100% on the fairly easy course. Yup, Kimber 1911.

1715038560907.jpeg

That one chest shot, high and left, at about 11 o'clock... ALMOST put it out of the maximum score area. I think that was fired from my support hand. Didn't group real well with those shots. I shall have to practice more with my weak/support hand.

The good ol' Ruger 22/45 and a pile of 22 long rifle ammo should help with that! :)

Guy

This afternoon I got to hang out with some law enforcement buddies and shoot the LEOSA qualification, which allows retired officers to carry concealed in all 50 states. My old pard and I each shot 100% on the fairly easy course. Yup, Kimber 1911.

View attachment 22554
I went through my course three weeks ago and even though I was the 2nd oldest out of 28 shooters I aced the target and tied with two other shooters. (The instructor laughed and congratulated me). Practice definitely pays off.

Back