130 gr accubond 264 win mag

That is a great shooting load right there! Great work. Glad you got it dialed in. My 264 is a fan of the 140 BT and AB as well. Nice to have two bullets that work really well with the same load.

salasj":50vpzn5n said:
finally got the load i want to use with the 130 AccuBond

H4831
Winchester Brass
remington 9 1/2M
OAL 3.300
65.5 grains
velocity 3,225 fps
group .186

I cant wait to use on Mule Deer this year

I'm going to have to try this load.

salasj":3noxr1zq said:

H4831
Winchester Brass
remington 9 1/2M
OAL 3.300
65.5 grains
velocity 3,225 fps
group .186

Ok, I'm still VERY new to reloading with only a year under my belt, and I'm not questioning anyone more experienced than myself, but Hodgdon lists the Max for 264 WM 130gr AB H4831 at 59.2Grs...Like I said, I'm not second guessing anyone, just looking for some clarification.

hunter24605":jljhoaof said:
salasj":jljhoaof said:

H4831
Winchester Brass
remington 9 1/2M
OAL 3.300
65.5 grains
velocity 3,225 fps
group .186

Ok, I'm still VERY new to reloading with only a year under my belt, and I'm not questioning anyone more experienced than myself, but Hodgdon lists the Max for 264 WM 130gr AB H4831 at 59.2Grs...Like I said, I'm not second guessing anyone, just looking for some clarification.

Great question. Between the different sizes of cases, chambers and barrels it isn't unusual to need several more grains of powder to attain the book speeds. The chronograph is really your guide in this situation. It is about the only real way of knowing where your at pressure wise.

I haven't found any data for my 264 Win that hasn't shown this. Not a show stopper at all, just takes some time with the chrono and working up slowly.

SJB358":ycbamfs8 said:
hunter24605":ycbamfs8 said:
salasj":ycbamfs8 said:

H4831
Winchester Brass
remington 9 1/2M
OAL 3.300
65.5 grains
velocity 3,225 fps
group .186

Great question. Between the different sizes of cases, chambers and barrels it isn't unusual to need several more grains of powder to attain the book speeds. The chronograph is really your guide in this situation. It is about the only real way of knowing where your at pressure wise.

I haven't found any data for my 264 Win that hasn't shown this. Not a show stopper at all, just takes some time with the chrono and working up slowly.

I see...Thank you for explaining.

SJB358":suhfmkf2 said:
hunter24605":suhfmkf2 said:
salasj":suhfmkf2 said:

H4831
Winchester Brass
remington 9 1/2M
OAL 3.300
65.5 grains
velocity 3,225 fps
group .186

Exactly with these new magneto speeds sure is nice to load 5 or 6 shells on a spread of .5-1 gr each depending on case capacity to find the velocity and pressure then load 3 to shoot groups and work backwards. Way better than the way I used to do it with my other graph.

Back