180 Berger Match VLD range result today

DF I am sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hijack-In_progress.jpg

FOTIS":383ptsl9 said:
beretzs":383ptsl9 said:
FOTIS":383ptsl9 said:
THIS ONE IS NEW IN BOX NEW HAVEN MODEL!!!!!!!!!! If you really want one...beg borrow steal. only $575.00[/color][/size]

http://www.gunsamerica.com/983291160/Gu ... mm_WSM.htm

Fotis that rifle is sold.............. TO MEEEEEEEEE! Ha! Finally found the 7WSM.. Man, I am stoked! Scotty

who's your gun daddy?

ha! :mrgreen:

Man, you are some kinda scary to have around Fotis! Glad we don't live too close to one another! Scotty

This 7 Whizzum is beginning to shine. Just came back from the range today. I was hoping I can shoot from the 500 yards but no luck. So 250 yards will do for now.

Fired this 3 shot group at 250 yards with the sun in my face. I had a hard time seeing it even with my spotter so I went down range with my truck and holy cow, half inch group.

DSC01580.jpg

View from where the targets located. That's 250 yards in the shade. It's 500 yard at the far right.

DSC01581.jpg

DF,

That is a skookum group. That 7 WSM is coming together very nicely. Great shooting.

Man, that is GREAT shooting DF! Way to go. This is really getting me amped to work with the 7WSM some. Although, I think I am sticking with 160's in this rifle, I think I should be able to eek out some decent speed out of the 24" barrel. I have RL22, RL25 and RL17 to try, so I am thinking one of them should work. Scotty

Thanks Guys.

Scotty, you won't be disappointed with this cartridge. I can't believe it's not as popular as the other WSM. I let a friend shoot the rifle yesterday and he was so impressed by it that he kept thinking about it all day today. He called me up this afternoon to ask me more about the cartridge and decided to build one. This from a guy who worship and own several 7MM Remington Magnum. I'm also planning to build a sporter version for hunting in the near future. Good luck with your rifle. Reloader 22 or 25 is the ideal powder for the 7WSM.

Thanks DF, that is what I was thinking also with RL22 and RL25. Just happen to have some of both of those on the bench and a ton of 160gr AB's! Scotty

beretzs":xh4h7uxp said:
Man, you are some kinda scary to have around Fotis! Glad we don't live too close to one another! Scotty

We may when you retire. :mrgreen:

That is a good point! I will be somewhere in the West where the elk and mule deer roam! Scotty

Excellent article here about Ric Horst's 7mm WSM long-range hunting rifle and loads:

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek064.html

I was in the group of guys who looked at the WSM's when they were first introduced and asked: Why?

Well... Perhaps they weren't needed, but they are very good cartridges. Easy to work with, and tend to shoot very well. Mine is a .300, however am thinking the 7mm may be the best all around version.

Excellent article here about Ric Horst's 7mm WSM long-range hunting rifle and loads:

Guy, Whatever happen to Ric Horst. I use to frequent his forum. The last time I heard he proposition Len at LRH to join together but Len declined.

I still pop onto his forum now and again - but it's in a state of flux with a new owner right now, and a new format is being tried.

Still hear from Ric every once in a while too. He's doing well.

Guy

Wow, blast from the past. I may have to try RL25 in the 7WSM in the future. Seems pretty danged good. I have a bunch of 175 PT's I need to run in something! Thanks again DF

Back