2007 pistol buck

honkeetonkin

Handloader
Mar 8, 2006
[/img]
165415-R1-09-10A_010.jpg
God I hope this works [/url]

I was hunting the second weekend of A zone seaaon with my mother and father . We drove my jeep to the corner of some private property and spotted a smaller buck laying down. After glassing him and desiding he was too small I started to drive off when Dad said a three pionter got up and took off when the forky did. So I jumped out of the jeep and ran up the hill to some rocks and found both bucks standing under a tree, the bigger buck had his head in some low branches. I rested my encore on a large rock and after a few minutes he lowered his head so I could see his horns and put the crosshairs on his closest shoulder and now he's mine :grin: I was shooting 270 win with 57 gr IMR 7828, 140 gr AccuBond. One more thing, the BIG one got away :oops:

honkeetonkin

Congratulations on a nice buck.

What equipment did you use and what was your load?

JD338

Thanks for the kind words guys, JD I'm shooting an encore 15 inch barrel 270 140 gr AccuBond in front of 57 gr IMR 7828, not cronograghed.

TScott, the grip is factory that came with the frame and the forearm is from Boyds Gunstocks I cut down and finished

The forearm looks good. I saw the pepper laminate and figured it was the EABCO set.

I just put a pachmyr grip on my encore. Has improved my trigger reach versus the synthetic factory grip.

Back