3 weeks out - 375 moose/grizz rifle ready to go...

Sure sorry to hear that.......It's not only a bitter pill to swallow , I imagine it was a very spendy lesson. :| And this sounds like a story I am hearing more of as the years go by, a lot of folks that hunt the northcountry; Are not aware that as beautiful as the scenery is, any place that has been hunted hard for years can get " shot out" . I hunted Lyon Ck in the NW Corner of the Bob Marshall in 1995, and its spectacular country to say the least. However it had been hunted hard for 50 years and quite honestly my Dad n I hunted in with about the
Same enthusiasm as you just did. I was trying to better a 32" Mule Deer I had taken in the Book Cliffs years earlier, or my 50" Bull Elk I killed in the Sunlight Valley in Wy.
Like you I never fired a shot......... there was actually deer n Elk there in fair numbers, the outfitter ran a 100% 1st Class Operation, ( Cecil Noble, Kalispell)flawless high quality experience. But when I asked an old seasoned guide that had
35 years packin, out of that area he told me he had not seen a 36" buck since the late 1960's and had only seen a handful of 30" bucks since the late 1970's.
He also said Bulls with over 50" main beams where virtually non existant from there for years.......
So I decided I missed it by 20/30 years.........
So in our case there was still game there, but honestly it was a poor choice to look for " trophy" animals. In your case it sounds to me like the area you hunted as pretty as it may have been , IF
there actually were huntable numbers of Bull Moose or Grizzly in that area in 10 days of hunting as hard as you did, you sure as hell would have seen some..............
Probably was a great spot years ago but my guess would be that many dozens of hunters before you
Have dwendled the game to almost nothing there...........
Here is how the ad will read from the outfitter as more and more hunters come from there and the word gets out......
Hunting Outfit for sale, nice camp with spectacular scenery, with long history as a successful operation, great opertunity for the right person. Super lifestyle. $1,000,000 firm. Serious enquiry's only! :roll:

Dang, there is a world of difference between not seeing the animal you want and not seeing any at all. Jeepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, there is a world of difference between not seeing the animal you want and not seeing any at all. Jeepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back