338-06

Scotty, I'm curious about the rifle. Was it factory checkered? I did my son's M70 Coyote laminate and about wore out my checkering cutters on the laminate glue. It sure looks nice.

Scotty, I'm curious about the rifle. Was it factory checkered? I did my son's M70 Coyote laminate and about wore out my checkering cutters on the laminate glue. It sure looks nice.
I believe it was E2. I know I didn't do it.. :cool:

Love the 338-06.
Found mine easy to work with too, took no effort to get 2750 fps with the 215 gr SGK and 1/2" groups!
I too like the laminated stocks...here's a pic of mineView attachment 21970
That is an absolutely beautiful rifle. Also, I really like the display you assembled for the photo; just a really nice group of artifacts (maybe not the best word).

That is an absolutely beautiful rifle. Also, I really like the display you assembled for the photo; just a really nice group of artifacts (maybe not the best word).
Artifacts works as the two are old and were found on old prairie homesteads in Alberta...a stone scraper and an obsidian spearhead.

Mr Scotty.....
Very nice to see you spending the kids inheritance money! And helping our economy.
That is a lovely firearm, in a wonderful caliber!
Have had half dozen hunters show up here in Maine, for a Moose hunt, with the 338/06. All of them performed
flawlessly ( very similar) to the 35 Whelen , with ALOT better bullet selection.
Congrats Olde friend, another good one
E

Mr Scotty.....
Very nice to see you spending the kids inheritance money! And helping our economy.
Have had half dozen hunters show up here in Maine, for a Moose hunt, with the 338/06. All of them performed
flawlessly ( very similar) to the 35 Whelen , with ALOT better bullet selection.
E
Glad to hear you survived the last Blizzard Eral.
I've missed reading your post.
As for spending the kids inheritance I think he is investing it in a high yield stock, they will gain more value over time.

Mr Scotty.....
E
Good to hear from you buddy! We will have to catch up, been awhile!

Back