At the range, with the Marlin 1895

I have had a Marlin Guide Gun since introduction and now a Marlin Trapper 45/70.
I always replace the trigger with a WWG Happy Trigger and install a Cross Bolt Safety Delete.
350gr Speer FN and IMR 4198 @ 48.0 in WW Brass.
I install a Williams Fire Site with cut out hood.
Warne Max Steel bases with Warne QR lever Rings hold my Leupold 1.5x5 secure and quickly detaches if needed.
I normally with this rifle keep my shots under 200 yards.
The New Ruger Marlin 1895 enjoy the craftsmanship but the price tag will hurt popularity.
My trapper will once again accompany me in the canoe this moose season here in Alaska .

Well, I'm just glad to be here, instead of pushing up daisies.

Figure I've still got some good stuff to do, helping others, and I intend to keep doing that for a while, until I can't.

Feeling strong.

Guy
Had my heart attack about 2 summers ago a Month after my second Covid shot. The doc put 2 stints in back to back together. Blood work came back excellent no reason for heart attack. I retired after that at 62. I will continue to hunt and fish and shoot as normal …….here in Alaska but just a little slower. I will be buried in my 19’ Grumman Canoe

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpeg
    IMG_0433.jpeg
    904 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Had my heart attack about 2 summers ago a Month after my second Covid shot. The doc put 2 stints in back to back together. Blood work came back excellent no reason for heart attack. I retired after that at 62. I will continue to hunt and fish and shoot as normal …….here in Alaska but just a little slower.

With my knees, two compressed disc, and one stent my days of speed are long behind me.

I’m a turtle but I ain’t on my back so I’ll keep plodding along. I’m slow but I’ll get there. 57 going on 92. They say it ain’t the years it’s the miles.

We should form a Nosler Turtle Association. Membership TBD by injuries, lifestyle, health issues, or just age. Anyone seven years south of four score granted automatic membership unless they can bend over and touch their toes.

Vince

With my knees, two compressed disc, and one stent my days of speed are long behind me.

I’m a turtle but I ain’t on my back so I’ll keep plodding along. I’m slow but I’ll get there. 57 going on 92. They say it ain’t the years it’s the miles.

We should form a Nosler Turtle Association. Membership TBD by injuries, lifestyle, health issues, or just age. Anyone seven years south of four score granted automatic membership unless they can bend over and touch their toes.

Vince
58 in 5 months, so that's close? 15 years of neck and head pain with no fixing in sight. 1st 5 wasn't as bad, but the last 10 have been horrible!

Back