IWB holster........recommendations please!

.280 Remington

Handloader
Jan 17, 2012
So.....long story short, a gun "fairy" showed up at my house twice this week with guns he no longer has a need for and knew I would be interested. Just so happens this man is my wife's 85yo grandfather that packs heat every single day and he thinks these two pistols are "to pretty" to carry all the time and asked if I would like them and the kicker..........................pay as you go, and as you can. I just finished my CCW class this past week and am going to need a concealable holster and wanted to get your recommendations on what has worked for you. I would love to have a Milt Sparks VMII, but I am not going to wait a year to get a holster.

So what say you.......... here are the two pistols.....................

3D1F6C09-81F2-45C3-AF9C-1C709D2AC493-5611-0000037F4063DADD.jpg

An couple of handsome handguns, Mike. You've done well on that score. Can't recommend a holster, but I can admire your good fortune.

Mike! Awesome pair of pistols! I like what Jim rolls with and the Milt Sparks Aaron and others love so much. When I have a couple extra dimes, I'm gonna have to choose myself. Right now I'm rolling with the Galco IWB. Works fine but isn't as nice as the others.

My list of leather benders is short, but all are high quality:

Mitch Rosen
Greg Kramer
Milt Sparks

I have, depending on the gun, holsters by each of these leather benders. They all far exceed what is found at the local shop.

Thank you everyone for your responses, there are some fine holsters out there for sure! i will have to take a look at the links/names.

I really like my comptac minatour .. its leather backed and has a molded kydex holster. Similar to the cross breed. Lee

wvchevy3":2o4jam1b said:
I really like my comptac minatour .. its leather backed and has a molded kydex holster. Similar to the cross breed. Lee

Picture of it?

Get a Crossbreed and don't look back. I carry a Kahr cm9 24/7. So comfortable I forget I'm weraing it!

I like the comptac better than the crossbreed for a couple of reasons. The leather backing covers the rivets, and you dont have to buy seperate holsters to carry a different gun, just buy a different kydex shell to attach to the leather backing.Lee

Attachments

• Black-MTAC-PN.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,540
  • Black-MTAC-Back.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,536
wvchevy3":1h5naa4l said:
I like the comptac better than the crossbreed for a couple of reasons. The leather backing covers the rivets, and you dont have to buy seperate holsters to carry a different gun, just buy a different kydex shell to attach to the leather backing.Lee

I am really digging that holster Lee.. I imagine I will cave pretty quick to one.

Its my everyday carry holster. I would be lost without it. Comptac is a great company to deal with and everything is made in the USA. They also give a 10% discount to Military and LEO. Lee

I have been through tons of carry holsters. Everything from crossbreed to desantis and mikes. But just recently was turned on to one called remora. No clip no orientation no movement. And more comfortable than Any other holster I have ever had.lifetime warranty. Just stick it inside the waist band and go. Form fits to the firearm and smooth draw evertime without pullin out. I will never look at another holster again

Take a look at Theis holdsters, My son and I both carry with them, well made and a little less expensive than other names.

Update....I got a Milt Sparks VM II for my Kimber 3in. LOVE LOVE it. Don't even know it's there.

Highly recommended!

Mike,

Congratulations on the Milt Sparks holster. They are top of the line and well worth the price.......and wait.

JD338

Back