More reason to "Love" the Guide Outfitters of BC

Osprey78

Handloader
Feb 27, 2014
BC Resident Hunters know or should know that there has been some speculation about the GOABC and the Liberal Party working behind the scenes at the expense of the Resident Hunters of BC.

GOABC has given the Liberals donations to the tune of approx. $100,000 and inturn this is what GOABC has managed to have our corrupt Liberal Government do. Pay particular attention to 16.011 at the end ....!!

PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
ORDER OF THE LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR IN COUNCIL
Order in Council No. 183 , Approved and Ordered
Administrator
On the recommendation of the undersigned,: by and with the advice and consent of the
Executive Council, orders that the Wildlife Act General Regulation, B.C. Reg. 3,10182, is amended
(a) by adding the following section before Division 1:
Definition
1.001 in this regulation, "Act" means the Wildlife Act.,
(b) in sections 101 and 11.01 by striking out "Wildlife Act" and substituting "Act",
(c) in section 18.02 (2) by striking out "section 74 (1) (b) (ii) of the Wildlife Act" and substituting "section 84 (1)
(b) (ii) of the Act", and
(d) by adding the following section:
Exception — exceeding quota assigned to guide outfitter licence
16.011 Despite section 16.01 (i), and without limiting section 60 (2) of the Act, a guide outfitter does not commit an offence if the guide outfitter has a quota assigned as a condition of his or her guide outfitter licence and allows his or her clients to kill game to the extent that the number killed exceeds the quota assigned to the guide outfitter.

I personally like the last section that basically allows them to Poach game legally. :evil:

This is far worse than merely being in bed together; the relationship is incestuous. :evil:

It's enraged me enough to be involved in a Political battle. I never really get involved in political battles or arguments, but this is pushing to the point where I feel it is necessary. I can't believe it, but I will actually be making a trip down to our local MLA's office.

Apparently the resident hunters are now pointing "red lazer hunting scopes", slashing tires and stealing trucks, from GOABC members now............ :roll:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/metro/ ... story.html

Every time I think they can't stoop any lower, they surprise me. Getting more disgusted every day with them, just shows the kind of dirty tactics they will use........

Sorry, Gerry, before I comment, I want to clarify. Are you talking about resident hunters stooping to that level, or the GOABC claiming these things?

Read the story and you will see, that is what they are strongly inferring in that article. Obviously they are grasping at straws and must be quite desperate right now, none of those things if they even happened are the fault of the resident hunters.

That is just sick no matter how you look at it :twisted:!!
Sure hope the resident hunter can rally enough support to stop this.

Blessings,
Dan

gerry":12r02k03 said:
Read the story and you will see, that is what they are strongly inferring in that article. Obviously they are grasping at straws and must be quite desperate right now, none of those things if they even happened are the fault of the resident hunters.

Yeah, no I read it. I fully agree with you just wanted to clarify before I made a fool of myself online. They know they are under the microscope and are trying to fight back with any petty thing they can.

So, what this regulation implies from my perspective; an area may have a quota of 5 stone sheep. Prior to this regulation change an outfitter would have to stop hunting sheep regardless the number of sheep tags he had in camp, once that quota had been reached. With the change, in theory, he could keep hunting. Am I reading this correctly?
On one hand I can appreciate how someone could violate a quota rule, remote location, timely reporting, it is conceivable sheep number six gets killed before number one has even been reported. None involved intended to violate the law.
Was there anything in the language that prevented an outfitter from commencing a hunt once he had been notified the quota had been reached? What do 16.01(I) and 60(2) indicate?

salmonchaser":2kusr5xo said:
So, what this regulation implies from my perspective; an area may have a quota of 5 stone sheep. Prior to this regulation change an outfitter would have to stop hunting sheep regardless the number of sheep tags he had in camp, once that quota had been reached. With the change, in theory, he could keep hunting. Am I reading this correctly?
On one hand I can appreciate how someone could violate a quota rule, remote location, timely reporting, it is conceivable sheep number six gets killed before number one has even been reported. None involved intended to violate the law.
Was there anything in the language that prevented an outfitter from commencing a hunt once he had been notified the quota had been reached? What do 16.01(I) and 60(2) indicate?

Yes you are reading this correctly, he could keep hunting.

As for the quota being reached, I am under the understanding that GO's are issued so many per year in their territory. It's not like the "Wicked Tuna" tv show where they keep fishing until the quota is reached and are notified by fisheries. My limited understanding of it (never had to get into before but am now and learning the whole way) is that they are issued so many tags per year, as their are so many limited entry tags per year for residents. So for them to go unknowningly over is pretty inconceivable.

If anyone knows something different, please correct me, like I said...just starting to get into the in's and out's here.

An outfitter has a territory which he has bought. No other outfitter can guide in that territory. Thus, the outfitter is the only one with a quota for that territory. Residents can hunt the area that includes the territory, but the guide-outfitter's quota is set. The proposed legislation would permit the guide-outfitter to keep on shooting even when his quota is filled. As written, the legislation is more than an "oops" allowance; it is legalised poaching.

Well, I guess that your Liberals are no better then ours? Not surprising the corruption is pervasive wherever Liberals control the government?

Liberals are liberals, no matter where they are located. They have an agenda to push through and will stoup
to ultra low levels to get it done, even at the expense of the citizens they claim that they are looking out for.

Pretty sad. As YH said, best of luck. I hope all their attempts fail.

JD338

The government came out with a "new" policy yesterday which only had some slight changes so they are just not getting it. This has only strengthened the resolve of the resident hunters who just won't accept this. We can recall various politicians so the wheels are in motion to be starting that, it isn't easy but it is possible and there are some very unpopular MLA's that could be targeted. The Premier is one of them and may be first one, just imagine if she gets thrown out of office and the message that would send.....

gerry":23jefav0 said:
The government came out with a "new" policy yesterday which only had some slight changes so they are just not getting it. This has only strengthened the resolve of the resident hunters who just won't accept this. We can recall various politicians so the wheels are in motion to be starting that, it isn't easy but it is possible and there are some very unpopular MLA's that could be targeted. The Premier is one of them and may be first one, just imagine if she gets thrown out of office and the message that would send.....

That would be awesome Gerry. The others would realize that their job is to be in the best interest of the citizens that they represent. We have the same problem here in the USA. We need to "Clean House"!

JD338

Sign me up, Gerry. I'm not keen on my MLA in any case. He was a disaster as mayor of our community; and he has done nothing as MLA for this riding.

Smarter people than I are going to get things rolling but I do want to help where ever I can. Will keep things updated as things happen.

gerry":1gjm34xu said:
Smarter people than I are going to get things rolling but I do want to help where ever I can. Will keep things updated as things happen.

Good on you Gerry. I'm going to try and head down to the MLA's office this week.

Back