Reloading for primers trade

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
A buddy of mine wanted me to load 100 rounds up for his 300 Win Mag with new Nosler brass, 200g ABs and RL22, and in return he would give me 600 Fed 210 LR primers in trade. I gladly accepted as I'm down to my last 200 LR primers, and I've yet to find any locally the last couple years. Since I had to send my last 2 bricks of WLRs back to winchester because I believe they're bad primers as I've had gas leaks and primer popped on my 6 Creed at almost 1g below max. Still waiting to hear back from them as to what they come up with. Not gonna hold my breath, at the very least they're going to tell me my loading practices are at fault and hopefully send them back, best case they reimburse me for them, but I know that's hogwash as many others are experiencing the same issue with winchester primers lately.

Good trade! I like helping folks set up their hunting rifle and ammo. :)

Ya, primers remain the biggest supply hurdle to overcome. I seem to be able to get most other components readily - particularly if I'm willing to compromise on selection. I don't mind trying different brass or bullets. I've tried most of the different primers I think. Powders? Oh, I don't enjoy discarding a long-familiar load and going with a new powder. I think the new powder gets nervous the way I glare at it... ;)

Guy

Back