Leupold?

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
Hi people, I have a quick question :wink: does anyone know if I switch back from CDS to standard elevation turret will that change my zero?
Just wondering :).

Blessings,
Dan

I'm assuming you are just swapping the knob ? if you do not turn the knob during replacement it should not change your POI . after the swap I'd shoot it just to be sure .

Nope, it still still the same, just remove the three tiny little screws screws carefully and replace the knob.

Thanks guys, put the VX-6 on my 280AI & ballistics have changed. I don't think I am going to use the CDS on the 280AI as I find my brain is old & I just automatically go to the hold overs that I have known for 40 years :mrgreen:!

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2dioevaw said:
Thanks guys, put the VX-6 on my 280AI & ballistics have changed. I don't think I am going to use the CDS on the 280AI as I find my brain is old & I just automatically go to the hold overs that I have known for 40 years :mrgreen:!

Blessings,
Dan
Tough to try and rethink what we know like the back of our hands and it sometimes just complicates matters. Can't wait to see if get something with that 280AI. I'm chomping at the bit for mine to show up.

Thanks guys, put the VX-6 on my 280AI & ballistics have changed. I don't think I am going to use the CDS on the 280AI as I find my brain is old & I just automatically go to the hold overs that I have known for 40 years
Dan I have the standard 1/4 click, turret on all of my hunting rifle scopes. I have a range card that can be taped to the stock or carried in my pocket. Up to 400 yards I am good without it, but any farther and I consult the card.

Looking forward to seeing your new rifle David. Should be a beauty!

I'm with Bill, swap the turret and throw the old cap and cover on, you should be good to go.

Well I switched to the old turret system this morning it only took a few minutes :)! Then went out to the range & fired my first shot at 100 yard target and there was no hole :twisted: then I shot at the second target & again no hole :twisted:. Walked down for a closer examination found two holes touch at very top of the target about 9" high :(. Then in my old age I remembered turning the elevation turret up thinking I could unscrew it when removing it boy talk about absent minded!!!
Well I sent the photo of my final two shot to Doc hopefully he will post them on my previous post regarding morning at the range:)!!
Anyway very easy to return to the original VX-6 turret :wink:.
Thanks Bill for your help!!

Blessings,
Dan

Actually they were 1/2" high but I am going to confirm that load this week & if they are the same. Raise it another inch & then make a whole bunch :mrgreen:!!!
Thank you JD as I believe it is .5 grs less than yours @ 61.0. But it is your OAL.

Blessings,
Dan

Elkman":3r0xzt1q said:
Nope, it still still the same, just remove the three tiny little screws screws carefully and replace the knob.

...Don't remove them!!!! Them sneaky lil'bastiges can run & hide faster than a bobcat. Just back 'em out till they're flush w/ the inside of the cap, lift it off, set the other knob on, line up your "zero" mark, & alternately tighten the 3 screws till "snug"...

Back