Meopta Meopro 4.5X14 riflescope

Darkhorse

Handloader
Mar 14, 2014
I've been considering a Meopta Meopro 4X12X50 for my 7mag. From all I've read this scope is really the thing for low light shooting, and seeing as a lot of our Whitetail choose right at dark to make an appearance, then a Meopta might be about perfect. I would get the #4 reticle.
So, last night I was looking at one of the online scope stores, Cameraland or Europtic, don't remember, and I was surprised to find a new Meopro. The 4.5X14 has a side focus which makes this scope very interesting. The cost for a Mplex is about 699. or so.
Just wondering if anybody has experience with the Meopta Meopro line and what you think about them.

DH, don't own a single Meopta, but those that do around here swear they are top of the heap in regards to glass, and ruggedness.

They are tops on my list for glass when I'm looking. Check out their Meostar 4x12 with the #4 at Europtic. They are 30mm tubed gems. Two buddy's have them and really like em.

Don't own one, but I've handled several. They are fine glass. I wouldn't hesitate to own one, however.

CLNY has the 3.5-10x44 for $400 right now, too...just FYI.

I have a 3-9 Meopro, and Meostar binos. Meopta makes great stuff.

Yeah, I've been considering that 3.5X10 at CLNY for 399. In reality it's all the scope I need, especially at that price. But I already have a 3.5X10 Leupy and I kinda wanted more magnification this time around.
I don't buy a lot of scopes as I try to buy quality the first time around and just keep on using them for a decade or so. But right now I have a rifle without a scope so it's time to get another one.
I'm considering several but the Meopta's have caught my eye.

I have a 3.5-10 Swaro Z3, and a 3-9 Meopro. The Meopro doesn't really give up a thing to the Swaro, to be honest. The Swaro's adjustments are a tiny bit more finger friendly, but other than that, not much of a gain from the Meopta to the Swaro, but I paid 2x the price for the Swaro!

Back