Burris Warranty

DON

Handloader
Dec 3, 2013
Well I'm just getting around to sending my 4 x 16 x 44 Signature scope back to Burris a second time since I have owned it.

It fogged up for a second time this past 2014 Hunting season. It has done that twice, ruined two Elk Hunts with lots of money lost.

I wrote a letter to Customer Service telling the history with details and requested a new replacement scope since I apparently got the Lemon!

We will see what they do now. I have hopes they will send a new scope.

Don

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=26969

I had no problems whatsoever and got a new scope without asking. There is no scope brand made that won't have some fail in some way including Leupold. I have had to send 3 scopes back, the Burris and 2 Leupold's, I'll continue to buy both in models that interest me.

Let us know how it all turns out for you.

Thanks JD,
After reading your experience it let a hole in my gut! I will give them an opportunity to rectify the issue. If not they will lose a customer for sure. Guess I should have bought the Nikon Monarch instead!

Don

JD's experience was from 2008 mine was from 2014 so hopefully how they handled mine is the norm now. I would be surprised if they don't take care of you.

My experience with Burris is ancient, can't remember when pistols became legal where I hunt in upstate NY, but I used a Burris scope and had to return it multiple times.
The best warranty is the one you never need to use but know is there. Best of luck.

The best warranty is the one you never need to use but know is there.

Rol-P,
You said it well

Don

They didn't back up their warranty with my bino's. They too fogged and only offered me a remanufactured pair at about 75% of my original purchase price. Told 'em to stick it and have not bought another product of theirs since. Go Leupold........

I got the confirmation from Fed Ex Burris signed and received my Scope today. Time will tell now.
Either way they respond, new one or repaired one, that scope will go on my 30-06 for hunting whitetail locally, as I do like the scope. Generally speaking another brand scope will grace the 300 RUM for Elk Hunting.

I'm considering the Nikon Monarch 3 at this time,

Don

Got a confirmation email from Burris today that they received my scope. They said either a repaired scope or replacement will be sent back, but in 6-8 weeks.

The waiting game starts now.

Don

I want to report that today I received a new scope from Burris with in 1-month and 4-days. Pretty good turn around. I requested a new C4 model scope 4.5 x 14 x 42 with a 30 mm tube and told them Cabela's is selling it for 499.99, a price comparable to the Signature I purchased and was returning for the second time due to fogging up.

What they sent me was indeed the C4 model as requested but in the lesser version with a 1" tube , not the 30 mm tube which sells for 100.00 less.

Happy for a new scope, disappointed not getting the 30 mm one as requested.
The new scope will go on my 30-06 for local Deer Hunting. My 300 RUM will never have a Burris grace it again. I'm seriously considering a Vortex Viper HS Long Range 4 x 16 x 50 with 30 mm tube. That scope looks incredible to me.

Don

Those Vortex Vipers have a real decent name in these parts. I have never hunted with one but have shot a few rifles that had one mounted they look to be top shelf to me. I personally would go with a VX6 but I have always been a Leuy guy (y).

Blessings,
Dan

DON":gb1d50s5 said:
I'm seriously considering a Vortex Viper HS Long Range 4 x 16 x 50 with 30 mm tube. That scope looks incredible to me.

Don
We have 2 of them.
The Vortex HS LR has crept up quite a bit in price since its introduction a few years back. As a result, it is now into the price territory of a demo Zeiss Conquest (non-HD5) from CameralandNY. The down side is that those demos are a lot less common than they used to be.

Comparing the Vortex to any of my Conquests it is not even close. I would not hesitate to choose the Conquest at any time, and as time goes on I will replace the Vortexes with other Zeiss scopes. Even with an HD5, it is worth paying the upcharge for the difference in quality. I would recommend saving a bit longer and buying an optic that really IS incredible.

Update:
I mounted the Burris C4 plus scope on my 30-06 and shot it in the other day. I must say the scope is impressive, very clear too. It will be perfect for local Deer hunting here.

It appears at this writing I'm moving in the direction of a Nikon Monarch 3 4 x 16 x 50 XR scope for the 300 RUM. I was at Bass Pro and compared it to a Vortex Viper. Didn't see any difference in the two except I can see the cross hairs better in the Nikon with my aging eyes. :shock: :roll:

Don

Don,
Sorry to read of a Signature scope problem. They were one of the finest scopes ever made. Some snuck out w/a special coating that looked like there was none or very little on it. That done by a company who does satellite glass and I'll take almost everyone I can find!

All Signatures were 1", and unknown that all E-1's 30mm had been discontinued.

When comparing the Viper to the 'new' Monarch is there anything you think made the difference in being able to see the Nikon reticle a little better?

The Burris C4 sounds lie a good scope for the money, I have thought about one of those. Maybe if we get a 222 or 223, should be perfect for a varmint gun especially.

Last evening I was at the range and a young fellow had a new Savage 10 BA that has been tweaked up bedded and a muzzle break as he is going to start doing some long range target shooting. The calibre is 308win. He as a Vortex Viper HS long range on top of it.
He was really having trouble with it, he showed me that the reticle looked to have a mind of its own. He would raise it up and reticle would go down and then when you turned the windage turret right the reticle would not only go left it also went up at the same time. He raised it 20 clicks and the bullet struck 2" lower @ 25 yards :shock:.
I have never used a target turrets but I don't think they were supposed to do that :(.
He was going home to box it up and see what Vortex was going to do for him.
The one thing I did notice was the glass was very clear.

Blessings,
Dan

Guns & Glass,
Most vortex reticles I have seen are very are thin compared to other brands, but Vortex Viper optics are amazing. Actually being able to compare the scopes in person is eye opening. For me the Nikon Monarch 3 optics are every bit as good as Vortex Viper, with Nikon having a heavier reticle it made my decision easier. It just worked for my eyes without using eye glasses to shoot plus the price range fits my wallet.

Don

Back