Swarovski for Christmas !!

ccoker":2egkndcs said:
Oh yeah
I love Swaro glass
Had a few
I really want to compare this Z6 against a few others including my brother's z3

I opted for that model as over 12x the Z6 has HD glass.

I plan to compare against the Leica 312x50 before I send it back and my Kahles K312 and my SB

If I fall in love with it I will buy it.

I'm interested in reading your review on the Z6 versus the Leica. Really like how clear my Leica 3.5-14x42 is compared to both of my Zeiss Conquests. That Z6 with the #4 and BT is a cool combo.

The Leica I am testing has great glass.
Two things I don't like:
Turret adjustments and reticle don't match.
Magnification is hard to turn

ccoker":4zwvlnxo said:
I ordered a Z6 2.5-15x44 BT / 4W today to test and review. It might not make it back.

It won't make it back love mine. When you can identify individual deer at 2 hours past sundown on a moonless night and could have possibly taken a shot its dang impressive. I had a MK4 8.5-25 with a 50mm next to it and you couldn't even make the close ones out at 75-100 yards. It kinda disappointed me to have spent similar money for both and the two scopes not even close in the performance department.

It should be here today

There is a big field behind my house so I can test optics into darkness..

I am sure that Z6 will allow shots well after legal hunting light as my Z5 has gone like 15 minutes past and could easily get someone in trouble! :mrgreen:

I have a 3-12x50 Swaro that I have had for about ten years now. I have had it on my 7mm Mag and on my .340 Weatherby. It is a very competent scope with high contrast and resolution. I am not a big fan of 50mm objectives but this scope and its quality have largely overcome my objections to the 50mm. I have in in TPS medium, Picatinny mounts which gives me good cheek seal on the stock of that rifle and has been no problem. It absolutely holds zero year to year and has never had an issue.

I have had Swaors before as well as Zeiss FL, SB, Kahles, etc..

I got the z6 in and went out back to test it against several other highend scopes.

Stunning glass

Better than my SB and the Leica

As I am 48 I like to get my 16 year old son's opinion as well for testing low light performance.

He agreed the Z6 was tops.
We are splitting hairs but we rated the glass in order all set at 6x

Z6 2.5-15x44
SB Flashdot 1.5-6x42
Leica 3-12x50
Nightforce 2.5-10x42

I'm a little surprised by your rating; I would have thought the S&B would prevail over the Swarovski. Still, Swarovski glass is excellent. I love all of mine.

I love that SB
It has taken a LOT of game over the last 4 years.

But the Swaro just had more "pop"
I suspect it is the HD glass

Curious...after 2 years, do you still have the 243 Finnlight? The one caliber Finnlight I have not aquired

Eric

I still have the 243 along with a 270 & 300 WSMs. The 270 might go.

That is a interesting rating :wink: I did not think Leica would rate that high.
I have always thought the Nightforce was a quality scope but from what I have read & seen it is more noted for its toughness.
Thanks you for the post.

Blessings,
Dan

Since this post has popped back up, I was watching a herd of cows and .?.? at about 1600 - 1800 yards with my Vortex Razor 10x42 binos. I could see one spike in the group as they moved across the ridge thru the brush. My buddy with a lesser $$ bino could see they were cows and calfs. I thought "Hey my Swaro, let's see what it looks like." Well to be fair it goes to 18x and it was CLEAR. I could see mud on these elk and saw another small spike in the group. I was impressed. Not fair to compare a 10x bino to a 18x scope at that range but the Swaro was bright.

Back