Used VX-6

Heavy Barrel

Beginner
Apr 3, 2015
I was milling around a local gun shop over the weekend. When I noticed a used Cooper Firearms rifle, chambered in .280 AI, that had one mounted. I have never been into wildcat cartridges. Even though it is very nice, I have no interest in the rifle.

I've been looking into a VX-6 for some time, to put on a .308 I've been wanting to get. Just haven't found the urge to purchase one.

My impulse was wanting me to ask them at that moment, how much they wanted for just the scope. But something told me to do a little research first.

It's a 3-18 x44 with fine duplex reticle. It already had the custom dial for that particular caliber/rifle.

I didn't notice any visual damage to the scope. Other than an adjustment to the ocular lens for my vision, the sight picture was great.

What would a used scope like this sell for?

I bought a illuminated B&C reticle 3x18x50mm for 800 recently. That is a pretty good deal. The illuminated scopes cost more though.

I've been seeing these new on sale lately at different places . these guys have a sale now . I've bought from euro optics in the past they are good to buy from .

http://www.eurooptic.com/search.aspx?ke ... upold+VX-6

I bought a 2-12 from these guys . just watch their prices they fluctuate a few hundred from day to day .I didn't notice them doing this when I ordered mine , but it's happening now . I had no problems buying from them and I received it in 2 working days . I just don't like this constant price change .
their back up to $1200 on the one I got , keep watching and it will drop to about $850 in a few days .

http://www.universalmania.com/products/ ... 6301356359

I have three VX6 scopes (3-18X50; 3-18X44; 2-12X42). Excellent glass that is well worth the price. Consequently, the 280AI is no longer a wildcat since Nosler began their own marketing.

I can't help you on the pricing for a used VX-6 but I can tell you that I have a VX-6 3-18x44mm Illuminated WindPlex reticle and tactical dials. It sits atop my 338 RUM and is dead on out to 800 yards.
Excellent glass for low light conditions.

JD338

Back