Meopta Meosight III experience?

HomerOz

Handloader
Sep 13, 2012
G'Day Fella's,

I'm thinking of fitting one of my rifles, with a small Red Dot/Reflex sight.
There seems to be no shortage of options these days (Trijicon, Leupold, J Point etc) but I have been very impressed with what Meopta produce, hence this enquiry!

Have any of you blokes used or own one of the Meosight III red dot/reflex sights, and what were your impressions/experiences?
FYI, here is a link to what they look like and details, etc;
http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/shop/ ... tgRus.html

Regards
Homer

I haven't used one but would like to give one a try on on of my target pistol. They look like a well built sight.

G'Day Fella's,

Yes Truck Driver, hence my interest in them.

Regards and Best Wishes for 2016!
Homer

G'Day Fella's,

Further to this, I finally decided to purchase a Trijicon RMR, red dot sight for this project.
I initially designed and machined up a Picatinny rail mount, that gave me the ability to use the removable Trijicon mount.

Unfortunately, this located the sight to high on the barrel of the 1892 Winchester (in .45 Colt), so I had a bit more of a think............
DSCN1382.JPG
You can see the underside of the above base/mount here, with the Marble Arms Dovetail "Slot Filler" mounted in place.
DSCN1393.JPG

Next I machined up a base that the RMR sight attached directly too.
DSCN1406.JPG
So I mounted another Marble Arms Dovetail "Slot Filler", held in place, with 2, 6 x 40 screws.

Next I abrasive blasted all the bits (but not the sight!!!), and applied a "Graphite Black" Cerakote finish to them, and bolted them together.
DSCN1409.JPG
DSCN1410.JPG
DSCN1412.JPG

I'll post some additional images shortly.
Hope that helps some of you, to make a choice regarding these great little sights!

Doh!
Homer

G'Day again,

Here are some additional images of this RMR sight in place.

With the Red Dot on about Middle illumination, on a bright sunny day.
DSCN1416.JPG

Up close to it view, from the rear.
DSCN1422.JPG

Point of Impact, at 50 meters (with a 300 grain bullet @ 1550ish fps).
FYI, I was aiming at the white target patch!
It's quite a handful, off the bench with these stiff loads!!!
DSCN1417.JPG

And another view of it in place and the .45 Colt ammo.
DSCN1407.JPG

Back