Nosler with threaded barrel

Old thread but as an update the folks at Crux were able to thread the barrel 9/16 and make a 30 cal muzzle break for it. I just got it back and started the break in process for the barrel. I've never formally broken in a barrel and I gotta say it's a pain in the a$&. I am certain it'll be worth it though.

the break really helps the recoil. now just waiting on the stamp.

Like Greentimber, I own the TBAC Ultra 7 (actually two of them) specifically for use on my hunting rifles. They were well worth the $1000 plus $200 for tax stamp each.
My GAP rifles have 1/2x32 threads so I am having TROC make me two adapters for the 5/8x24 Compact Brake.
Another factor is that Indiana now allows 6mm and 30 cal rifles for deer hunting on private land, so I have a .243 with 20" barrel threaded 5/8x24 and just screwed a TBAC CB on it today.
I figure that God only gave me one pair of ears, and the tax stamp is a small price to pay to save them (and my boys...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDMVA,
You could always just break the barrel in by shooting it and then cleaning it at the end of the day, rather than all that "shoot once, clean once" mumbo-jumbo....

mwess1113":8lna0ce9 said:
TDMVA,
You could always just break the barrel in by shooting it and then cleaning it at the end of the day, rather than all that "shoot once, clean once" mumbo-jumbo....

I was trying to follow their directions to the letter because I've never done a true break in before. That said in my model 70, CZ's, and other rifles I've never broken in a barrel before in my life and they're all more accurate than I ever can be. I'm an admittedly average shooter.

So, that' said, is it your (and the forums) opinion that their instructions are a bit overkill and I can get the same or very similar results shooting as noted above?

TDMVA":23fk0x2f said:
mwess1113":23fk0x2f said:
TDMVA,

I was trying to follow their directions to the letter because I've never done a true break in before. That said in my model 70, CZ's, and other rifles I've never broken in a barrel before in my life and they're all more accurate than I ever can be. I'm an admittedly average shooter.

So, that' said, is it your (and the forums) opinion that their instructions are a bit overkill and I can get the same or very similar results shooting as noted above?

Yes that is my opinion. But it's just mine, someone else may believe in the shoot one, clean one, mantra.

Back