WTB Winchester model 70 two-piece bottom metal

grry10

Handloader
Dec 7, 2007
I dropped the magazine cover for my post-64 long action model 70 and broke the hinge. The rifle is pillar bed so cannot easily convert to one-piece bottom metal, as it requires deeper inletting. Willing to by blued hinge, hinge and magazine cover or complete two-piece bottom metal. Hope someone out there can help me. posting.php?mode=post&f=20#

I got mine off the 24hr camp fire forum Winchester collectors. There are a lot of parts to be bought if you post a wanted.

I ended up having to buy a Williams steel blued bottom metal assembly for my rifle from Brownell's. They run from $70 to $400, depending on quality. The Williams was $170.

I would also check out Ebay! Sometimes they will have parts for a reasonable price.

grry, I'd of posted sooner but alas I just noticed your post. I just happen to have a two piece bottom metal set from a New Haven Model 70 as I converted mine to the one piece. PM your address and I'll send it to ya.

Thanks to Bruce Mc I now have the bottom metal that I was looking for.

Bruce Mc":2whvjvp3 said:
grry, I'd of posted sooner but alas I just noticed your post. I just happen to have a two piece bottom metal set from a New Haven Model 70 as I converted mine to the one piece. PM your address and I'll send it to ya.
Bruce, PM sent.

Back