.223 ammo restriction

big rifle man

Handloader
Dec 21, 2005
I heard on the news yesterday that Obummer wrote an executive order banning the sale of .223 ammo. Don't know how true this is but apparently the NRA has caught wind of it. Anybody else hear this great bit of news? Supposedly he's banned it because of it's armor piercing capabilities. The BATF is supposedly handling the issue. This has got to be a joke.

I heard from a local ammo maker that they have till about mid March to ship any 223 ammo made with green tip bullets. After mid March, they cannot produce ammo with those bullets. All other 223 ammo is unaffected. Retailers can continue selling green tip 223 ammo after that date.

A government that tries to ban guns, ban ammo and regulate the Internet definitely has a suspicious agenda. I guess since all the lettered agencies have cornered the market on ammunition, its time to deprive the citizenry of such nasty stuff. However, let's make sure that Iran gets a bomb. These are dangerous times, indeed.

...just another symptom of an admin run amok ("a muderous frenzy"). The "Prez", DOJ, IRS, EPA, ATF, etc., etc., etc. don't believe they are bound by the Constitution, Congress & the Supreme Court are unwilling or unable to reign them in. PC will literally destroy America unless "The People" stand up & make their will known in no uncertain terms...

Back