Pork and Jalapeño Cornbread

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Just a little meal for tonight.
169a5ad6f6182fde617e402143ac5676.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Now cut that out, Vince. This is getting a tad hard to read on a daily basis. Soon, I'll just have to mosey on down Arizona way and drop in for supper. :mrgreen:

DrMike":37npul6h said:
Now cut that out, Vince. This is getting a tad hard to read on a daily basis. Soon, I'll just have to mosey on down Arizona way and drop in for supper. :mrgreen:
Sounds like a road trip to me :!: I've already gained 10lbs just looking at the pictures, they make me hungry just thinking about them. :wink: :lol:

truck driver":3rkeq90n said:
DrMike":3rkeq90n said:
Sounds like a road trip to me :!: I've already gained 10lbs just looking at the pictures, they make me hungry just thinking about them. :wink: :lol:
[emoji106] [emoji2] [emoji481]

.280 Remington":28xldzto said:
Looks amazing man.........
Thank you.
I'm discovering that I like to cook. Kind of funny after eating in nothing but restaurants and Rodeo hamburger stands for years.

Vince you are a great cook as I have gained 25 lbs and started liking eggplant ! Dr please slow dow coming thru ABQ as I will have Vince a couple sacks of hot Hatch, Chili to throw in that Tundra! Gas is down here in ABQ as we have all these nutty balloon Fiesta stuff going on ! 2.86 a gal!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-PuxrnU7F0 ENJOY :lol:

Terry, I may have to ask the good Doctor to detour through Regina and pick me up to go on this southern road trip. Lol
I believe that it would be one great time visiting and breaking bread with so many of our Brothers & Sisters on this site.
We have such a interesting group!!!

Blessings,
Dan

My wife makes some good Pandesal and some mean Lumpia but everything I have seen on Vince's plate has been good old home cooking for sure, I used to mix fried tomatoes in with my fried tatters back when I was a youngster! Would go good with squirrel and dumplins! I tell you the smell of green chili roasting is my favorite time of year in NM!! Elk are screaming as well so yea know that will be on the menu! Anytime some one comes thru on I40 just give me a shout as we can go find some Carne Adovada in Red Chili that will make ya nose run !! :)

When I get back up Albaqueerkey way I'll be giving you a shout.

These balloon fiesta guys are putting a hurt on the restaurants around here rite now but I know of some places they will not find and after dark I will not go near them, but man the tortillas are homemade and the Carne is just outta the oven with red chili smothered all over it and it just falls apart! Soppa's are pretty good as well but I have been doing good staying away from them but I will eat a little to put out the fire! :) Welcome anytime just give me a shout as I suppose these Balloon people will be outta town in a week or so! I gotta get some sacks of harvest chili for the freezer ASAP !! I like my green better than the red! :shock:

HOGWILD338-378":2ljkhity said:
These balloon fiesta guys are putting a hurt on the restaurants around here rite now but I know of some places they will not find and after dark I will not go near them, but man the tortillas are homemade and the Carne is just outta the oven with red chili smothered all over it and it just falls apart! Soppa's are pretty good as well but I have been doing good staying away from them but I will eat a little to put out the fire! :) Welcome anytime just give me a shout as I suppose these Balloon people will be outta town in a week or so! I gotta get some sacks of harvest chili for the freezer ASAP !! I like my green better than the red! :shock:
You're going to have to put in for an Arizona coues deer tag and bring me a bag of peppers. [emoji4]
Maybe we can plan a future hunt together where I help you get a coues and you help me get some peppers?

Vince

I know it's crazy the only state I have been trying to draw for was Colorado and was thinking of doing an ARK-LA-TEX white Tail hunt as I have some leases that I can hunt on ! Always wanted to do a Coues Deer, is it a draw or OTC hunt for outta state hunters? So I will read Zona's Proclomation! You are from AZ correct? Tucson or Pheonix? I would also like to smoke a stink pig or 2 as well ! I have 6 or 7 mule deer points for Colorado but need more! Arkansas has a 300.00 dollar deer permit whic is 6 deer and 1 Turkey! My issue is my health as i can't hike like I used to as my heart is not in the best of shape but I have a Handi cap permit for NM! Basically still have to draw but can shoot from vehicle as long as I am not shooting across a road! Might hit the UPS driver or Gila Hotshots jump plane :) !

Look at getting a disabled hunter certification, also allows shooting from a vehicle, and I'll drive you to a deer. :)

You can look in to it and put in for next year's hunt. I'll tell you the hunt numbers and such later. Archery, in August, is otc but I don't hunt with antiqued weapon systems so it would be a rifle hunt and that is a draw.
Just bring some of Hatch's finest and we're on like Donkey Kong.

The bad thing about Handi Cap permits is they will not allow a permit holder from another state to use his permit say in your state? Unless something has changed? I still look at that P Chop several times a day and wish I had some papitas next to it and some 40 weight gravy :) nothing wrong with green beans but being from Arkansas I like my fried tatters! growing up we would eat round steak and tatters all the time! Aka Bologna :) cut it 3 times where it would not curl up on ya ! My 270 Lazermark is a tack driver and my 257 Lasermark that is unshot should be as accurate!

HOGWILD338-378":29gk7qko said:
I still look at that P Chop several times a day and wish I had some papitas next to it and some 40 weight gravy :) nothing wrong with green beans but being from Arkansas I like my fried tatters! growing up we would eat round steak and tatters all the time! Aka Bologna :) cut it 3 times where it would not curl up on ya !

My, my, my, sounds like SE KS where I grew up. Still favourite meals. Knew I'd passed on the genes when on a trip through OK some years back, we stopped for barbeque and my son ordered barbequed bologna. He passed on pork, beef and chicken so he could eat that bologna. :mrgreen: Fried 'taters and milk gravy just goes with about anything. :grin:

I am stuck this am at the local hidden spot, as this is some decent food and hard to find decent papitas around here! Even harder to find plain old pinto beans, everyone around here thinks they needs more love than they should have! :lol: yes I had to mop up about a tablespoon of standing grease but it did not hurt anything :shock:

Hogwild,

Put in for the General Rifle Hunt and you won't need a handicap permit.
You won't be able to shoot from the trick but I know a spot where you have a better than 90% chance of filling your tag and is 5 feet from the road. No hiking involved. The shots are long though and the bucks ate of representative size from forkies to 4 x 4. Last year my buddy took a nice 80", or so, 4 x 3 at 594 Yards.

Back