Happily loading...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Wasn't able to load for several months after setting up my wife's new in-home office. That pretty much derailed my handloading. It's all set up again, and I'm happily handloading ammo once more. Not many new loads, other than messing around with the .30-06 700 CDL a bit. Really liking how my standard 165 gr bullet/H4350 load works from it though.

Just cranking out tried & true ammo in a few different cartridges:

.25-06, 115 gr Ballistic Tips, Retumbo, for about 3120 fps and excellent accuracy. This load will likely get the most use this fall, for mule deer & pronghorn.

.30-06, 165 gr Ballistic Tips, H4350, for 2750 - 2850 fps depending on which rifle, 21" or 24"

.375 H&H, 270 gr Partitions. Messing with both H4350 & RL-15. Looking for about 2700 fps with good accuracy from the Number One. I've loaded 270's before, but not the 270 Partitions. A change from my very accurate 260 gr Accubonds.

No pressing need for anything else, just hunting season ammo & pre-season practice ammo. Sure feels good to put the old Rockchucker back into action.

Guy

Always a sense of peace and accomplishment when we make up loads. Good job, Guy.

Good for you Guy, it is a pleasant way to spend a evening & accomplish something as well :wink:!

Blessings,
Dan

Guy,
I can really empathize with that. I moved at the end of last year and lost my reloading cave and my 400yd range. I'm really glad your back in the saddle. Things are looking up for me. I'm currently loading off a temp. table and just joined a local range. I'm currently painting the new(old) house and when I'm done with that I'll start on the new mancave. Can't wait to build the new bench.
Scott

Congrats on getting running again, I admire your fortitude.....the severe withdrawal pains of no press time would have sent me over the edge after a few weeks. :grin:

Best,
BD

Fortunately I had quite quite a stash of ammo loaded. Mostly I've been shooting .22's, .223, .308 and .45's for the past 7 or 8 months...

Now we've got some ammo for the hunting rifles!

Nice. Glad you are up and running again Guy.

JD338

Back