140 gr Nosler Custom Competition

Targers Sniper

Beginner
Apr 23, 2016
I tried to get some information to reload with Alliant AR- Comp with a tip 140 gr Nosler Competition. A friend experienced made me an estimate of how much power to use.
I made two different loads 31.0gn and other 32.5 gn
After doing my tests the best group with 32.5 gn

My rifle is a Ruger M77 Mark II Target cal. 6.5 Creedmoor

Welcome aboard. Sorry, no experience with that powder.

Hopefully someone will have some data for you.

Don't know about the powder but in my experience no matter the caliber those Nosler Custom Competition bullets are VERY accurate. I have shot a ton of the 30 cal. 155s at targets but never have shot any game with them just to see if they react like a Berger VLD since they both have J4 jackets with what looks like the same thickness but the VLD has a much different profile. Just curious if anyone has used these Nosler bullet on deer. I know it's a "target" bullet but so was the Berger VLD when it started out but now the same bullet is their HUNTING bullet.

That is too fast of a powder for that cartridge and bullet weight. It might be okay with the 100 grain bullets.

I'm shooting sub 1/4" groups with Ramshot Hunter and the 140 grain custom competition in the same rifle.

Wincheringen":2ed0d4l3 said:
That is too fast of a powder for that cartridge and bullet weight. It might be okay with the 100 grain bullets.

I'm shooting sub 1/4" groups with Ramshot Hunter and the 140 grain custom competition in the same rifle.

How many yards you're shooting?

Back