FORSTER CO-AX® RELOADING PRESS

Everyone should have a Co-Ax. I really like it. It doesn't do anything that my Redding T7 won't do or that my RCBS Rock Chucker or my RCBS Partner presses wouldn't do. It does eliminate the need for shell holders. It cams over quite easily. Negatively, Forster dies are not available for the same variety of cartridges as would be true for other manufacturers. However, you can use their dies on the Forster press, so that is not a serious detriment.

It cannot be used to pull bullets...

That is the only bad that I know of Fotis. It is smooth, mammoth like in sizing operations and the jaws fully enclose the rim on most cases, or at least more than a typical shell holder, so tearing off a rim is unlikely.

I use RCBS, Pacific, Redding, Lee and other dies with Hornady Lock Rings. They work perfect.. Actually the Redding rings work fine in mine.. Forgot about that. Yeah, it is a great press.

The primer drop tube for used primers does occasionally need to be cleaned as it will let primers get stuck, but other than that, I would never go back to another. You thinkin of one?

Crap, keep pushing guys, and pretty soon I'll need enough bench space for a T7, a Rock Chucker, a Co-Ax, a Dillon 550b, an RCBS Ammomaster, and three shotgun presses! :evil:

What? You don't have these yet, Kurt? What's holding you up? How can you get anything done?

BK":2kb12sxw said:
Crap, keep pushing guys, and pretty soon I'll need enough bench space for a T7, a Rock Chucker, a Co-Ax, a Dillon 550b, an RCBS Ammomaster, and three shotgun presses! :evil:

Kurt, if your happy with your T7, I don't think you'll gain much. I do enjoy not having to screw dies in and out though. The Coax is just user friendy for me. I like the front loader way of loading too. Again, I almost bought the T7, but the Coax was on sale, so it won out.

I would like a progressive though!

Yes I will own one.
It will compliment my Horhady L&L progressive my lyman turret and my lee handpress.

FOTIS":33lgfxhl said:
Yes I will own one.
It will compliment my Horhady L&L progressive my lyman turret and my lee handpress.

You won't regret it a bit Fotis!

You are correct that it will complement your other presses. The Hornady is a fine press, no doubt.

One will be here on Monday! :wink:

Okay guys, I have been wanted to upgrade to the Forster for a number of years now :wink:
But every time I go someone says you will never see a difference from your Rockchucker. Is it worth it??

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,

If you already have a Rock Chucker and you only load for a few cartridges, you probably won't see enough value to justify the Co-Ax. I load for quite a variety of cartridges, so it is of some value for me.

Thanks Mike, I am only loading for 6 or 7 calibers and only the 7 is a belted. My Rockchucker is like new. Maybe I will just continue to buy the Forster dies when I get the chance and keep the RCBS.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":hdh9hsch said:
Okay guys, I have been wanted to upgrade to the Forster for a number of years now :wink:
But every time I go someone says you will never see a difference from your Rockchucker. Is it worth it??

Blessings,
Dan

Dan, I went from an RCBS to the COAX. I can't say it loads better ammo, but I have turned in some of my best shooting since I have started using the press. Plus, die changes are a snap. I like the way the die floats and allows the actual case to center the die. I like the depriming system and the NO shell holders. The front use is also nice as well. Took a moment to get used to it, but now I wouldn't want anything else. I like mine alot. Can't say enough good about it. If you wanna read some reviews, look on Midway, I don't think there is a bad one.

Scotty, I have read a number of reviews and know that it is quality :) However around here you are looking at $300.00 Canadian, I am not sure I can get it shipped from the US.
I am still going to look into it once I get my 35 up and running :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Back