Cabela's Alaskan Guide Dome Tent

tecumseh

Handloader
Oct 20, 2010
This is hands down the best tent I own! Use it several times a year during hunting season since 2000 and it's still in great condition!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,697
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,696
Kodiak said:
How many will it sleep? and gear?

Looks good,[/quote

It's the 4 person model and will comfortably sleep 2 plus gear,It will accommodate 3 if push came to shove.

Guy Miner":3v88y46b said:
Looks like a good, sturdy tent that can handle some wind & weather.

Nice.

It holds up great against wind, rain and snow. It's well ventilated, I've never had a problem with condensation, the floor saver was a good investment too. If I had it to do over I'd get it with the aluminum poles instead of the fiberglass.I may get the new rain fly with the integrated vestibule that wasn't available when I got mine.

SJB358":2qs2eop9 said:
Very nice! That is a great looking tent. What's the weight on it?

It weighs in at 23-25 LBS. I'd like to use it out west , but it weighs way too much to pack into a remote area.

I will second that is a Great as that is what I have, the 6 man. How many does it sleep 2 on cots & a Mr. Buddy heater. If you sleep on floor I would say 4 Men & gear. What about wind I had mine in South Dakota in 60+ MPH wind & it's flawless, only thing I was worried about was a old Cottonwood tree we were camped by, afraid of it falling on me. I have had it in temps in the 0-10 F range & snow around 8-9 inches & rain no leaks & has been flawless. I will admit if I bought another I would go to the 8 Man, why because this is not a backpack tent & if going buy truck or boat might as well have more space. This is a Great product

I'll pile in on this as well & state how great this tent is. My first experience was with a friends 6man at 12,000 foot elevations. The wind that night was insane & fully expected one of the fiberglass poles to snap & come shooting through the side of the tent. There were times the tent was completely flat on us.

As the morning came, crawling out we expected the worst. The only damage we found were all the round circular pieces that retained the pole pegs. They start out looking like a key chain / holder. They had stretched completely out, so rather than being doubled up, it was now one large single loop.
Cabela's replaced them no questions asked.

I ordered the 4 man version once getting home & have had it for a good 10yrs plus.

They aren't bad for car camping and do OK in somewhat adverse conditions but I prefer the ultralight backpacking tents.
My preference would be a canvas wall tent if car, truck, or base camping. My buddy has an Alaskan Guide tent and is happy with it. Different strokes for different folks. :)

image.jpgThey are definitely not a pack in tent. Even the smallest 4 man will make a guy squat if packing too far.

Vince - much agreed, as it will be just a tarp for tomorrow night at 11,500'

Back