Air Tech Recoil Pad

CL, look at the templates for the regular Limbsaver? There is one for the Mossberg 500. I have installed Limbsaver's on my No. One, 9.3x74R and my 7mm Mag. The No. One Ruger does not have much of a pad and the 7mm pad was 45 years old and very hard. My Sako 85 came with a pad which had two Stn Stl pins 1/8th inch below the pad surface and caused me much pain every time I shot the rifle. I replaced that with a Limbsaver and it feels much better!

truck driver":143apdty said:
Lou, it will be a 35 Whelen Imp when I get it back from JES maybe tomorrow.
Should be nice :) ..I wiped my pad down with an Armor-All wipe, it makes the texture of the pad a lot smoother without any of that tacky feel (y)..Good pad for sure!

Lou

sask boy":43pwphci said:
Thanks for that info Lou!!

Blessings,
Dan

No problem Dan :) ..I like this pad so much that I may buy another :wink:

Lou

I shot the 35 Imp today with the new Air cell on it and it was very good. 28 rounds and no bruises or sore shoulder.

truck driver":2gclwbro said:
I shot the 35 Imp today with the new Air cell on it and it was very good. 28 rounds and no bruises or sore shoulder.
Great!..I told you so (y)
Lou

orchemo":uqoqsc7l said:
Will they gummy like the current/old pads do?

Got one for my Mossberg 500 today. That is a good question. Out of the box mine was WAY to tacky and sticky. That gun will never make it to my shoulder before Mr. WT is long gone. To say nothing of a quickly departing partridge. Any one have a trick for slicking up the surface? Way too expensive to wear duct tape over it. I question durability as well. I have had others brands go flat sitting in the safe. So far not convinced. CL

I have a Limbsaver that is 10 years old and it is still the same as when I installed it. It has taken a slight set but is not at all gummy. Still works great.

cloverleaf":1iexaals said:
orchemo":1iexaals said:

Got one for my Mossberg 500 today. That is a good question. Out of the box mine was WAY to tacky and sticky. That gun will never make it to my shoulder before Mr. WT is long gone. To say nothing of a quickly departing partridge. Any one have a trick for slicking up the surface? Way too expensive to wear duct tape over it. I question durability as well. I have had others brands go flat sitting in the safe. So far not convinced. CL

I have an Air Tech on my Tikka, not at all gummy, but I still rubbed it down with an Armour All wipe, works great!

Lou

Made the mistake of Armour-alling the vinyl seats in my '75 Gran Torino once. Slid around on that bench seat for a week before I could take a corner at more than 5MPH :lol: . That might work. Will consider Thanks- TH

Spoke with a nice lady who answered the phone at Limbsaver this week. She basically encouraged me to "go out and get it dirty", to deal with the "tackiness". She noterd that from "what she had heard from others using the airtech pad", this gets better with time and use. :roll: :roll: :? Probably right after the "big one" gets away cause you get the thing snagged on your hunting coat. (sorry I'm grousing.....) CL

cloverleaf":di7abl26 said:
Spoke with a nice lady who answered the phone at Limbsaver this week. She basically encouraged me to "go out and get it dirty", to deal with the "tackiness". She noterd that from "what she had heard from others using the airtech pad", this gets better with time and use. :roll: :roll: :? Probably right after the "big one" gets away cause you get the thing snagged on your hunting coat. (sorry I'm grousing.....) CL

Must of been a bad batch? mine is fine CL, armor all it and you'll see and feel the difference (y)

Lou :)

cloverleaf":vbncv4n5 said:
orchemo":vbncv4n5 said:

Not impressed. Fit is off by a64th or less all the way around. To narrow in width and to tall from heel to toe. I used some black RTV to blend the edges and.seal up the exposed stock. I will stick with it as I need something and is still half the cost of a grind to fit. I shouldn't expect perfection as probably no two wood stocks are identical.... But it would have been nice. CL

On, armor all doesn't help the tackiness. Rubs right off and back to sticky. Sure hope it takes the reCoil.

All but one of mine fit great and I Dremelled that one. You do have to use the templates though. Do not take their word for fit?

To bad Trevor, my Air tech for my Tikka fits just like the factory (hockey puck) pad not sticky at all, the felt recoil on my 300 win mag now feels more like shooting a 30/06, I like this pad, with that being said, if Pachmayr made a pre fit pad for the Tikka T3, I would have gone that rout first, but for now, I'm very pleased with the Air tech.

Lou

Shot it this afternoon.... 70% reduction in recoil....Naaa, not to my shoulder...didn't really expect that but it was nice to hope. Any way I needed something. Not a miracle but I shot well. Pics below show less than perfect fit but probably as good as I can get w/o a grind to fit I'm thinkin'.

used some black RTV to cover up the edge of the stock where the pad did not. Should keep it sealed up and help hide the exposed edge.

CL it looks good. How would you compare it others you have used on your rifles?

Blessings,
Dan

Not much to compare it too. I have a Pachmayr slip on and I would say they are about the same but the limbsaver is thinner and attached. Big plusses in my book. Despite my grousing its way better than the factory "ventilated" pad and thinner to boot. I wish it had been better but its an improvement over the plastic but plate I was using to get the length shortened. 12ga slugs from an akward position (sitting in chair) aint fun no matter what. CL

cloverleaf":2rrzcoon said:
orchemo":2rrzcoon said:

Mate,

If they are going flat you need to put them in the safe barrel down.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Vince":1nf34cm2 said:
cloverleaf":1nf34cm2 said:
orchemo":1nf34cm2 said:

Mate,

If they are going flat you need to put them in the safe barrel down.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Not so far- CL

Back