7-08 Federal Fusion. 140gr vs Caribou neck

A

Anonymous

My son got to test his 7-08 carbine out last weekend and after cutting meat found a few things.

Fusions are a much tougher bullet than I thought....

1 through and through on a high lung that showed minimal expansion.

1 through on through on the neck- bullet went clear through the spine and exited, more or less, intact I would have expected it to come unglued.

Can't complain because I'm cutting it up now.

Sounds like good performance. I am headed up end of October for unit 13 tier 1. Trying to decide what to bring. Thinking either 25 WSSM with 100gr scirrocco or 270 win with 130gr TTSX.

I'll problem end up taking the 300 rum or 9.3x62 cause bears are up for grabs too. If we kill a couple Bou early I'll setup on carcasses for bears wolves and wolverines.

In the late season I'd like the .300RUM or the .270Win... with snowfall the shots are going to be long and they'll be little cover in most spots.

Give me a jingle- I'll be out and about after the opener too- coffee will be on me!

Honestly it's all daydreaming anyway, I'll probably grab the rum, I kill everything with that rifle.

Might bring my 223 for fur

Good report. I knew the Fusion's were tough, but not that sorta tough.

What is the muzzle velocity out of that carbine?

Gotcha, I would imagine you could boost the speed up a few notches with something like RL17. I can get 2900 with the 140's out of the 7x57 Featherweight, I am thinking 2850 shouldn't be any big trick out of the 7-08 with 140's.. It should lend a little extra speed to help with bullet action further out.

Good luck. Love those smaller 7's.

Back