375 H&H 300gr Partition

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
Found this from another site, 300gr PT on this Buffalo, that's all the info I have, but man, that 300gr PT sure looks to be tougher than the 260gr version, looks like the Partition is more forward on the 300gr, and having a thicker jacket as well.

Lou

SJB358":30u7hn0d said:
Wow. You aren't kidding Lou. That's a tough danged bullet right there.
Yup, for sure Scotty. I've been itching to test 1 out myself on some jugs, but haven't had the chance yet :roll: ...I like the looks of that 300gr PT, and with some luck, I might have the chance to try one on a bull moose :grin: ..I'm leaving this Friday in search for the Mighty Moose! :)

Lou

Lou - best of luck on the moose hunt!

There was a time, back in the 1980's I believe, when Nosler discontinued the .375" 300 gr Partitions, and they became Very Expensive on the market because they were regarded as The Best soft point .375 bullet.

Nosler fixed that by re-introducing them a few years later!

I've got quite a few of them, and frankly I'm not sure what the heck they're going to be used on. I doubt I'll ever drop the coin to hunt Cape Buffalo or anything else that really requires a 300 gr Nosler Partition. Perhaps I'll shoot rockchucks with them!

Guy

That is an impressive bullet.
Good luck on the moose hunt Lou.

JD338

JD338":35y6ti82 said:

JD338
Thanks Jim and Guy :) ..I'll try my best for sure.
If I see a Bull, you well all see it too :wink:

Lou

Sako 85":1a3f5yzf said:
JD338":1a3f5yzf said:

JD338

Lou

Can't wait buddy.
Email me an back strap. :)

JD338

Sako 85":1bq0iau3 said:
SJB358":1bq0iau3 said:
Wow. You aren't kidding Lou. That's a tough danged bullet right there.
Yup, for sure Scotty. I've been itching to test 1 out myself on some jugs, but haven't had the chance yet :roll: ...I like the looks of that 300gr PT, and with some luck, I might have the chance to try one on a bull moose :grin: ..I'm leaving this Friday in search for the Mighty Moose! :)

Lou

Good Luck on your Hunt Lou ! The King 375 H&H with those 300 Parts will do its job if you do yours as i am SURE you will ! :grin:

Cheers :) RJ

Sako 85":90u6kkgu said:
JD338":90u6kkgu said:

JD338

Lou

HMM ! :) Anyone Heard from Lou ? I wonder if the Sako 375 H&H with the 300 gr Parts took down a Moose yet ? :?:

I believe the hunt came up empty RJ, but I think he was going out again so hopefully he can find Mr. Moose.

gerry":1ov5iyz9 said:
I believe the hunt came up empty RJ, but I think he was going out again so hopefully he can find Mr. Moose.

Hi RJ and Gerry, yah we got SKUNKED this year :roll: ..BUT, we had a great time! :grin: ..I well keep trying though, Moose season is not over yet :twisted:

Lou :wink:

gerry lets pickup Lou and head to Newfy Land and KILL a bunch of moose ! we could take Dr Mike with us too ! :grin: LOL

gerry":2mycchfn said:
That would be fun :)

Man, that would be AWSOME for you guys to fly to newfoundland, we would all have a "blast!" :grin:

Lou :)

SJB358":1z5s59qj said:
Whoa! Don't forget us South of the Border brothers. We eat moose too!

Scotty, I didn't forget about you my brother, heck your a shoe in! :wink:
Lou

Back