Danger of black friday sales!

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I made the mistake of checking out the midwayusa black friday sale. I found all the components needed to make up a 260 remington upper reciever for my DPMS LR 308. Its going to be a 20” Hbar contour flat top upper. 1-8.5 twist. I also ordered a set of hornady new demension dies with micro adjust seating stem. I ordered a free float aluminum tube but might switch it out for a carbon fiber handguard and get the heavier portion of the barrel fluted. Might be nice to have a more hunitng freindly weight considering the 24” heavy bull 308 upper is heavy enough to need a wheeled carriage to cart around. I’m also going to need a peice of glass to mount on it too.

Any of you gents have any experience with the 260 in an AR10

The black friday sale strikes again. Palmetto state armoury is having a killer sale on AR15 kits. Matching AR15s for dad and kids!!! Seriously I need help!!!!!

43526.jpg

Can't do it this year, starting the first I take a pay cut for 20 weeks while attending engineer training for BNSF. So its no to the toys for awhile at least. Looks like some neat projects though. From what I understand 6.5 Creedmoor is better in the AR10.

They are pretty close, 6.5 creedmoor might be better out of a detachable mag, the 260 was on sale and is no slouch in an ar10 either

Walked into the Local Gun Store to get some .45 ammo.

ALMOST walked out with perhaps the most beautiful .308 Win Kimber rifle... Oh my...

Man, cool stuff. I just went hunting. Sorta keeps me outta trouble.....

Add $6 ar15 magazines and a $150 Burris AR332 red dot to the tally.

Some crazy deals out there!

The 260 upper turned out to be a bust, the g1 uppers don't fit the g2 lowers so I ended up sending the upper stuff back. I put the first of the kits together today though.

efc6a8b939d1f35c977deb01f982293a.jpg

Not a bad setup for under $600

Probably gonna put magpul MOE furniture on it. I'm a big fan of magpul products.

There are no mistakes in life. Just teachable mome... Ah hell. I have the same problem with sales. Bummer about the upper not fitting! Should have just gotten a G2 lower since you already had the upper. Well that's what I would have done and why I'm also in soooo much trouble with the wife.

What stock are you planning on putting on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably magpul moe hand guard and ctr buttstock and moe+ grip. Probably go with a flip up sight gas block too.

I was sorely tempted to just finish out the g1 lower and make a second rifle but it would have cost close to 600 in parts to finish the build.

Then I was looking at making a chassis stocked bolt gun since I had the 260 dies, finally came to my senses after realizing I was going to end up spending 2500 for a tactical rifle simply because I had an 85 dollar set of dies!

It really is a sickness [emoji6]

taylorce1":13d21vai said:
Can't do it this year, starting the first I take a pay cut for 20 weeks while attending engineer training for BNSF. So its no to the toys for awhile at least. Looks like some neat projects though. From what I understand 6.5 Creedmoor is better in the AR10.

Don't worry, it goes by pretty quick.

AR10s are a lot of fun, I hardly even shoot my AR15s anymore.

Back