New Barrel?

Before you think about selling it send it to Browning to see what they will do. If nothing else your out the shipping. They might rebarrel it for free. I wouldn't get hung up on truing a action either. I built guns for years on un-trued Remingtons and had many sub 1/4" guns and one that would shoot in the .0XX's regularly. Unless a action is way out (Remington's are usually out .002-.003" on the face and at least that on the threads) then truing will amount to less than .100" in group size and most likely it's closer to .050" IMO. The barrel is by far the most important part of a rifle when accuracy is concerned.

Personally I'd have a hard time giving Browning 350.00 when I can have a custom for 700.00. If there is personal attachment to the rifle you might be beating yourself up if you end up selling it.

Just got educated a bit more. The thin metal thing is real in relation to not having enough room to safely recut the threads. Learn something new every day.

With no personal attachment, I think you have a blank slate to work with. Cost of 700.00 to make a magnum of your choice with a nice custom barrel. Sell for 500.00ish, gives you 1200.00 to play with to build off of a different action, or up to 1200 to spend on a higher end rifle. Or you can pick up an entry level rifle and play with it and upgrade it over time. Choices... Have fun! Send it to Browning and see if you get lucky.

Thebear_78":2hj32u9u said:
I think selling and going custom is a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
or buy a Nosler M48 Heritage in 28 Nosler and have a flat liner.

JD338

Back