Winchester Model 69A

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
Bought a Winchester Model 69A at a local gunshow in good condition, like the one my grandparents had give meme as a kid, that was foolishly sold almost 30 years ago.

This new to me rifle is in good condition and has the factory peep sight and still has the front sight hood. Bore is still bright and good. Looking forward to getting out to shoot it this weekend! Should bring back lots of memories of learning to shoot with my Grandpa!

Used to be able to shoot empty 12 gauge shells and bottle caps at 100 yards with that old 22 and open sights as a teenager. Hopefully this one will be as accurate. And that my eyes are still up to that task!

I'll be hanging on to this one to teach grandchildren to shoot with and to pass down to them in the future. (No rush on that yet Lauryn!)

I've been having fun plinking with this rifle while out bear hunting this spring, but finally got the chance to shoot it for groups at the range today.

5 shot groups were averaging between .308" and .625" with Blazer, CCI Quiet and Federal Target ammunition.

That is a fun gun to shot, congratulations on a good find.

JD338

I have had a 69A, Target model, blued-bolt, since the 1960s. The receiver is not grooved. The nicer model had a chromed trigger guard and bolt. I wish I had all the ,22LR ammo that's gone thru that rifle. The triggers in these rifles is not a "match" quality trigger, somewhere around 4-6# pull.

Have fun,

Back