Something Extra Special

G'Day again,

Whilst not in the same league as the above Hagn falling block rifles, here are some images of a Heym-Ruger "HR-38" (No1), that I purchased a while back.

DSCN1609.JPG
DSCN1610.JPG
DSCN1613.JPG
DSCN1614.JPG
DSCN1615.JPG
DSCN1617.JPG

Doh!
Homer

Here are some other images.

By the way, it is chambered in .308 Win (if only it had been a 7 x 57 Mauser.....) and has a Schmidt and Bender 1 1/2 to 6 X scope attached.

DSCN1618.JPG
DSCN1620.JPG

Enjoy
Homer

Stunning rifles. I can't say that I've ever seen another that rivaled these...

Thanks so much for sharing the photos.

Guy

Wow, just checked the price list. I recently purchased 40 acres of prime hunting/vacation property for the price of one of these.

Absolute beauty. Form following function no doubt. I'm a sucker for even "nice" wood, but that is the most beautiful stocking I have ever seen. Outshines the silver and engraving work IMHO.

G'Day Fella's,

Guy and Polaris, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the view.
Unfortunately, the images do not do the wood and engraving justice, it really is That Good!

Regards
Homer

Although I have not had the opportunity to handle or shoot one of these beautiful rifles, I have had the pleasure of owning a Ralf Martini rifle (Model 77 in 416 Taylor) before he joined forces with Mr Hagn, and shooting several other of the rifles he has built for other people I know (Model 70 in 338 Lapua, Model 70 in 270 Win, CZ in 416 Rigby and Model 700 in 270 Win). They are all fine shooting rifles.

G'Day Fella's,

I was having an empty gun box clean up the other day, when an envelope fell out of one of them.
It was the envelope, that had the engravers Certificate of Authenticity in it.
That was lucky!
So FYI, here is the web site for the engraver that did all the work on the Martin Hagn .270 Win; http://www.lepinois-engraver.com/
And what an exceedingly talented individual!

Doh!
Homer

I wish that I could say that my first 416 Taylor, originally built for another client by Ralf Martini when he was located in Charlie Lake, was stocked with one of Hagn's beautiful works of art!

I bought it when the original owner, a Yukon Outfitter, was having another rifle built by Ralf and was selling the 416 to pay for his next rifle. If memory serves, I paid $800 for it in 1998. I sold it a few years later and had my left handed rifle built.

Unfortunately ithat rifle wore a plain, black Bell & Carlson stock. But that right handed Ruger 77 sure shot! 3 shot groups at 100 yards with open sights were one hole groups of less than 1/2" with 325, 350 and 400 gr Barnes X and Nosler Partitions.

I did have the pleasure of visiting with Ralf and his wife on several occasions while they were in Charlie Lake prior to moving to Cranbrook. They are very nice people!

OP, that's just cruel and unusual punishment to put pics like that up here for poor slobs like us to fantasize about.

G'Day Fella's,

Yes Blkram, these gents know how to do exceedingly stunning work.

Sorry bdbrown66 but imagine how i felt, having to hand this rifle over to its owner.

LOL!
Homer

Back