Bobby Hart Accublock Stock

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
I recently ordered a new stock for my 700 project and decided to go with the Accublock from stockys. There are several versions availble and I ended up going with the thumbhole sporter. It has a 13.5 LOP and comes in at 3 pounds. After I put the action in it I measured the LOP and as I measured from the butt of the stock to the center of the trigger I measured 13.375. It has a factory installed Pachmyer pad and 3 studs and fully inletted and finished. I wasn't sure what color I was going to order and the pictures of them made it appear slightly different than what I was expecting. When I got it though I was really happy with the actual color. I ordered the Coffee color and was really impressed with the craftsmanship of the product it dropped in beautifully. The thing that impressed me the most is the feel of it and how tight the tolerances are. The floorplate took a touch of pressure to put in the stock and doesn't just drop out like on the factory Mtn Rifle I have. That is awesome. I will have to do a little work once I get my new tube on my action but the factory 270 sporter tube currently on the action is fully free floated from the tip of the forend all the way up. I'm also installing a Tubbs recoil lug on this rifle and that is an awesome fit. Again it takes a little bit of force to set it in place but again the tolerances are awesome. With the alunimum bed on this it has gotten me even more excited for the end of this project. There will be no way for anything to move which should help accuracy.

View attachment IMAG0104.jpg
View attachment IMAG0105.jpg
View attachment IMAG0106.jpg
View attachment IMAG0108.jpg
View attachment IMAG0109.jpg

That is, indeed, a handsome stock. It will certainly dress up a rifle. Sounds as if it is all working out well on this project.

I think Stocky's is really onto something with the aluminum bedding block in the laminated stocks...

Should produce a great looking, accurate rifle when you've got it all finished. Looking forward to seeing the end product!

Looks good. I'm hoping they'll introduce some other inlets in that line over time. It's certainly a great idea. Stocky's is really just about the best deal out there for a variety of well made, good quality stocks.

Very nice looking stock. I'm curious as to how much it weighs. ?

It frustrates me that the B&C Medalist and theese aren't offered for ADL's. I'm leery of changing my .270 over to a BDL style as it shoots so well with the blind magazine.

CatskillCrawler":1vs84gsa said:
Very nice looking stock. I'm curious as to how much it weighs. ?

It frustrates me that the B&C Medalist and theese aren't offered for ADL's. I'm leery of changing my .270 over to a BDL style as it shoots so well with the blind magazine.

3 pounds. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Do you need an extra barrel?

nvbroncrider":1c0faeq5 said:
3 pounds. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Do you need an extra barrel?

I hear ya. I'm getting a bit tired of my old stock though. It's a Sportsman 78 with the plain jane birch stock. Other than the 27 years worth of dings and scratches from hunting, it has zero character.

I keep thinking that this barrel will start showing signs of age but it keeps amazing me year after year. I think that when its time to re-barrel her I'll treat it to a Hart barrel. That should give my son, who thinks he owns it..., a lifetimes worth of memories as it has given me.

Yeah I was just wondering cause I'll have a brand new factory 700 barrel in 270 laying around and want it to go to a good cause or I'll just have Pac-Nor use it as scrap iron.

As for the stock before shooting it I am really impressed. It will be a bit before field testing but so far I really like it.

I would relieve the recoil lug. It shouldn't be tight unless it's bedded that way and if it's tight in a bedding block it shouldn't be. I typically bed my stuff with the front, bottom, and sides of the recoil lug taped off so it's not tight going in and out of the stock. The rear portion of the lug is the only part that needs to be bedded.

I have one of these on my 204 it now shoots 1/2" groups and I haven't even skim bedded it yet! It's a little heavy but this is a bench gun anyways.
DSC00936.jpg

Scott

muleman":pytr9fl6 said:
I have one of these on my 204 it now shoots 1/2" groups and I haven't even skim bedded it yet! It's a little heavy but this is a bench gun anyways.
DSC00936.jpg

Scott

Aren't those just great feeling stocks to shoulder? I'm waiting on a barrel but geez I love to shoulder it!!

nvbroncrider

That is a beautiful stock you have there.
Looking forward to seeing the finished project. I am sure it will be a shooter.

JD338

Back