.277 130 Accubond

ROVERT

Handloader
Jun 18, 2011
This was a water jug test done at 25 yds with my .270 Win.

130 NAB @3200 fps: 84.6 gr retained (65.1%), expanded to .654", recovered in 4th jug.
DSC09919.JPG

DSC09920.JPG

I'm happy with this performance. Great expansion, good weight retention and decent penetration. It should deliver the goods on just about any shot at a deer. Distance, shot angle, and hitting bone should not be too much of a concern.

This is my load for the upcoming season. With a little luck I'll be able to update this thread with some on game performance in about eight months.

At those velocities, that is the bullet to use, for sure. Excellent post. Thanks for giving those of us who use the AB confidence in the bullet.

I'm really happy with this performance. The AccuBond seems to be the bullet for high velocity impacts.

Trevor,

Nicely done. Excellent bullet performance. That load would handle deer as well as bigger game with ease with proper shot placement.

JD338

I was running it somewhat slower, at 3000 and change, but that bullet is dynamite on whitetails. Pretty sure ABs come programmed for when and how much to expand.

Enjoy your venison. :)

Excellent results!..The AccuBond is one heck of a tough bullet for sure, and deadly accurate to boot.It's my go to bullet as well in my .270 wsm. Thanks for posting, Lou.

Nice
I use that one in my 270 WSM. nice to know it holds up well in case I jump something close.
I knew it would anyways from all the reports on the NAB I read

With me, to switch from Partitions is strictly a matter of accuracy. I have a box of 130 AB's for my .270 Win and will get some loads made up and see how they compare in accuracy at 100 and 200 yards ranges with Partitions. I am not going to switch just caually , not after 40 years of using 130 Partitions with 100% success. Performance is fine on each bullet.

backcountryhunter":nd7a05n6 said:
I am just wondering what relevance shooting into a water jug at 25 yards has to do with hunting big game ??

It tests the toughness of a bullet, a bullet that comes apart in this type of test would not be a good choice for something like moose, elk or grizzly. Plus it's fun :)

Game animals are 85% water inside. That is about the only relevence of shooting jugs. Some take jugs and wrap them with pork ribs to simulate shooting medium game.

gerry":1ygrivs4 said:
backcountryhunter":1ygrivs4 said:
I am just wondering what relevance shooting into a water jug at 25 yards has to do with hunting big game ??

It tests the toughness of a bullet, a bullet that comes apart in this type of test would not be a good choice for something like moose, elk or grizzly. Plus it's fun :)

If you test them at your practical ranges, it gives a pretty decent idea of what the bullet is going to do. Not perfect, but it better than guessing. Plus, like Gerry said, it is pretty fun and about as cheap as it gets.

Hi Trevor that is great results. I use the same bullet and I was wondering what load you are using to get 3200fps? I would like to get that out of mine.
What powder and OAL and what rifle are you shooting?
Thanking you in advance for the help.
PS. what is the MOA @ 100yds?

Blessings,
Dan

Dan, MOA is a Minute of Angle and just slightly larger than an 1" at 100 yards, 2" at 200..

I think Trevor is rocking RL22 in his stuff. I am sure he'll be along to answer that.

Back