26 Nosler ?

Rigbymauser":1npvk3y1 said:
I am already thinking of a 24 Nosler.

Guaranteed 100 shots before a new barrel is warranted! :mrgreen:

It is true; we have developed a new rifle cartridge named the 26 Nosler. The photo posted above is indeed a photo of our 2014 catalog. While the cartridge does share similarities with existing cartridges, the 26 Nosler is a new and unique cartridge that was submitted to SAAMI by Nosler in June, 2013. We will be formally releasing the 26 Nosler at the 2014 SHOT Show along with information regarding our new rifles that the 26 Nosler will be chambered in. We are very excited about this new cartridge and look forward to sharing more about it with you all after SHOT. For now, some benefits to consider:
-Extremely flat trajectory. Max. P.B.R. of 415yards
-Fits a standard (30-06) length action
-Light Recoil
-Loaded with the 129gr. AB-LR, the 26 Nosler retains as much velocity at 400yards as the 260 Remington produces at the muzzle.

Official Press Release:
http://www.nosler.com/news-and-articles/2013/11/22/the-26-nosler

Thank you for the up date Mason. As you can see we have been having fun speculating what it could have been designed on and there is a lot of interest in it.

Mason,

That is most impressive. Which M48's will be chambered in the 26 Nosler?

JD338

Very good news. Does this mean that we can anticipate over the coming years other new cartridges from Nosler? Perhaps a 35 Nosler?

DrMike":3qt3tz9k said:
Very good news. Does this mean that we can anticipate over the coming years other new cartridges from Nosler? Perhaps a 35 Nosler?

You would have to come up with that just when I'm planning a 35 Whelen. It's bad enough that Scotty is playing with his Newton and things are looking like it might be a better over all 358 cartridge. All Nosler has to do is come out with some ABLR for the .358 that will enhance the performance of the .358 bullet.

Man, I hope they don't out with a 35 Nosler.. Jeeze.. My head would probably explode..

SJB358":21r9pmxi said:
Man, I hope they don't out with a 35 Nosler.. Jeeze.. My head would probably explode..

It would be a copy of the 35 Newton, and you'd be in good shape. :grin:

I will be interested in the twist rate for this one. I'm sure it is being made to shoot the 129 ABLR, but there needs to be a fast twist rate to handle some heavier bullets.

I was getting 3340 with the 130 Scirocco's in my WSM, but backed off to 3300. As Scott said, this isn't much better than either the old WM or 6.5 WSM for velocity. Nice to see some new cartridges being produced that will have proper head stamps.

I guess that's Noslers Christmas present to us. Now for six months of anticipation to see what they have planed.

26 Nosler

.270weatherby with 150 grain ABLR

The 26 nosler do have the edge out to 500 yards..but is it "edge" enough?. The .270Wea still shine. I would say the 26Nosler really have pushed it self into into the .270cal territory if compared to the .270Wea loaded up with a 135Grain Sierra MK. The 150Grain ABLR is the savior for the .270Weatherby along with the heavy 180grain Woodleigh. These bullets do put the .270Wea further up the ladder in the biggame hunting dept. I am still a declared .270Wea man.. :mrgreen:

The .270Weatherby loaded with a 135grain Sierra MK

Back