26 Nosler?

Clearly, Nosler is chambering the cartridge. Haven't heard any scuttlebutt yet about others chambering the load.

...you might try googling Nosler/ Shot Show/ 26 Nosler, so far I'll I've seen is pics, & not very good ones, but since Nosler is introing it today, I would guess there should be some "buzz" from people @ Shot Show...

It is based off the 404 Jeffery case and will fit a standard action length so the case length will be around 2.5".
Not sure of the shoulder angle.

JD338

They had a Nemo Omen chambered in 26 Nosler at the booth today. What a rifle! I believe it will also be chambered in their own rifles (Obviously) but I don't know if Remington or Winchester will be chambering rifles. I can stop by tomorrow and ask if you'd like.

As long as Winchester has their own .264 I doubt if you will see it chambered in a M70. Maybe a Browning or FN. I see where FN is coming out with a push feed rifle this year also.

The 26 Nosler looks pretty interesting. Not sure I am running to get one, but if I were in the market for another screamer, I would look pretty close. Sounds like a great case. Should be the open country hunters dream..

The dimensions they gave are the 375 Ruger case. I picked Howa to chamber it off the 26nosler.com site. I think I was the only one to pick Howa LOL.

RMiller":30e0com1 said:
The dimensions they gave are the 375 Ruger case. I picked Howa to chamber it off the 26nosler.com site. I think I was the only one to pick Howa LOL.

Rick,

Can you share the case dimensions.

JD338

Pretty neat they give you a chance to vote on which manufacturer you would like to see chamber it as well, I voted for Savage since they might offer a lefty version and will offer good inexpensive rifles. Interesting to see Savage and Remington are the most popular choices so far.

wayno945":3bgqyc8y said:
From the 26nosler site:

If it wasn't for the fact I knew it was a 26 Nosler(.264cal), I would have said these dimensions are a Vom Hofe 7x66. Never the 26 Nosler is an impressive looking cartridge.

If it does not have a rebated rim it would more closely resemble a 375Ruger case. The 375 Ruger has a case capacity of 96 grains and a 30-375 Ruger has a capacity of 93.6 its seems the 26 Nosler capacity of 93 would match that pattern.

It is definitely built off the 404 Jeffrey case so would be similar to the RUM, SAUM, WSM cases.

Back