165 gr Ballistic Tip for 308 Win - Load Data?

FishMC

Beginner
Dec 29, 2005
Looking for loads for this bullet with various powders. I had some of these passed on to me from a buddy who got them from his father who had passed away after reloading them and I am trying to duplicate the load. I was very impressed with them and would like to reload them as closely as possible. I have a good supply of Winchester Fail Safe Nickle casings that i will be using for these loads. All help will be greatly appreciated.

FishMC

I've been loading this round for a Winchester Model 88 passed to me from my dad. I haven't killed anything with it yet as I'm usually hunting out West and opt for my 7mm's with better optics in case of those further out shots.

Speaking of the 7's, I've been loading the 165gr BT's in .308 in front of 50 grs of IMR4350 as I had that on hand. Performs great at the range and seems comparable to that Hornady "Light Magnum" ammo. My dad, on the other hand, always swore by IMR3031.

Happy loading!

jd

One other thing you might do to duplicate the rounds you have is to pull a bullet or two and weigh the charges. It could give a clue about the powder.

jd

I've been loading this round for a Winchester Model 88 passed to me from my dad. I haven't killed anything with it yet as I'm usually hunting out West and opt for my 7mm's with better optics in case of those further out shots.

Speaking of the 7's, I've been loading the 165gr BT's in .308 in front of 50 grs of IMR4350 as I had that on hand. Performs great at the range and seems comparable to that Hornady "Light Magnum" ammo. My dad, on the other hand, always swore by IMR3031.

Happy loading!

jd
IMR 4064 / IMR 4895 / Reloader 15/ Varget for your Win 88 in 308 win …….great gun !

One of my favorite loads for years 45.0 Varget with 165 Nosler AccuBond or Ballistic Tip.

Looking for loads for this bullet with various powders. I had some of these passed on to me from a buddy who got them from his father who had passed away after reloading them and I am trying to duplicate the load. I was very impressed with them and would like to reload them as closely as possible. I have a good supply of Winchester Fail Safe Nickle casings that i will be using for these loads. All help will be greatly appreciated.

FishMC
I am loading for a Nosler M21 308 Win.
165 gr BT
46.0 grs RL15
Nosler brass
Federal GM210M primer
COL 2.815"
MV 2767 fps
Accuracy is .350"

Back