Springfield Waypoint 2020 Feedback

Lazy Bushman

Beginner
Apr 17, 2022
Hi all. Seeking feedback on the Springfield Waypoint 2020 from anyone who happens to have one. It would be nice if the calibre range was broader but it is certainly on my list so seeking feedback on any experience people might have.

Cheers in advance.

Springfield definitely makes quality firearms. My wife has an EMP 9mm which is a great 1911.
Although I haven't seen a Waypoint 2020, it has a lot of bang for the buck. I think it's comparable to the Nosler M21 but at a slightly lower price point. Either rifle would be tough for us to build for the same price. Quality action, fluted bolt, premium barrel, nitrite coatings and expected sub MOA accuracy. It's everything we want in a rifle.
I personally don't think you could go wrong with the Springfield.
What caliber are you thinking of?

JD338

@JD338 Unsure about the calibre at this stage. I would be prefer 30-06 or 300win on that platform. I do want to get me a 338 win mag but not sure that the rifle is suited to it but if they did that would be my pick. Based their offering I'm thinking it will have to be either 308 or 6.5PRC. I would prefer 30 cal but 6.5PRC is interesting to me. All in all I just don't know but suspect my decision will fall on the side of the 308

@JD338 Unsure about the calibre at this stage. I would be prefer 30-06 or 300win on that platform. I do want to get me a 338 win mag but not sure that the rifle is suited to it but if they did that would be my pick. Based their offering I'm thinking it will have to be either 308 or 6.5PRC. I would prefer 30 cal but 6.5PRC is interesting to me. All in all I just don't know but suspect my decision will fall on the side of the 308
FWIW, the Nosler M21 is offered in 300 Win Mag and the 33 Nosler.

JD338

FWIW, the Nosler M21 is offered in 300 Win Mag and the 33 Nosler.

JD338
Sadly I don't know any gunshot in Australia listing the Nosler rifles let alone near me. I'm sure a few of them would order me in one if I placed an order, but if I'm laying down that kind of coin I want to hold and feel it. If there are any Aussie's on the forum and know of someone with them please let me know

Just curious, what is your main purpose with this rifle? Dan.
I shoot on a couple of places where it is flat and open which makes stalking in more difficult. Think flat and open for two square kilometres, not that I would be shooting that far as that's well beyond me. All my other bolt rifles are sporting so figured I could treat myself to something a little different for a change. Second to hunting would be range use, however most of my range sessions are used to practice field skills eg shooting off hand standing, or sitting, leaning off a post etc. I don't do much bench shooting except if sighting in or working on a load......I figure what's the point as there are no benches out in the bush

Jim with Backfire.tv really likes it just the lack of cartridges here is one of his reviews on YouTube, if you search his channel i think he's done a couple

I shoot on a couple of places where it is flat and open which makes stalking in more difficult. Think flat and open for two square kilometres, not that I would be shooting that far as that's well beyond me. All my other bolt rifles are sporting so figured I could treat myself to something a little different for a change. Second to hunting would be range use, however most of my range sessions are used to practice field skills eg shooting off hand standing, or sitting, leaning off a post etc. I don't do much bench shooting except if sighting in or working on a load......I figure what's the point as there are no benches out in the bush
Understand. Didn't know if it would be for target-match or hunting. It would cover both very well I'd think. Dan.

Back