25 Creedmoor

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
Are there any 25 Creed. shooters on here? I'm looking into different ideas for sizing the brass. No one makes die sets for it yet. I loaded some barrel break in rounds by putting my 25-06 seating stem in 6.5 Creed seating die , worked like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what is holding me back from one. Gavin (who Guy works with) with Ultimate Reloader has one and he has a couple videos regarding it, he did it 2 different ways if i remember correctly on separate videos.

25 CREED! 14" barrel, Pachmayr Dominator with 110 AB's
Shoots great, even with a pistol scope.
I just use 6 Creed dies (Different bushing, and even used the 6 Creed seat stem -Still shoots just fine
ioVjDoKl.jpg

Nice shooting!

So the 25 Creedmoor is supposed to be virtually identical to the 250AI...
The load that I am hoping to develop for my 250AI is with the 110 gr AB. Going to try Re-26 and IMR 4451. Hoping to get 3100-3200 fps.
I would be interested in learning what your load is, and what you are getting out of your shorter barrel, so that I can compare to that out of my rifle with its 24" barrel when I get a chance.
My goal with this rifle is also an antelope, and hopefully someday a blackbuck and axis deer.

25 CREED! 14" barrel, Pachmayr Dominator with 110 AB's
Shoots great, even with a pistol scope.
I just use 6 Creed dies (Different bushing, and even used the 6 Creed seat stem -Still shoots just fine
ioVjDoKl.jpg

I’m wondering what velocity you are getting. I’m also going with a 14” barrel on my Striker.

I’m using Redding 6.5 Creedmoor full length S bushing dies and without looking I’m pretty sure a .282 bushing. I neck turn to a thickness of .013”. The Lapua brass was very close to that and I could have got by without turning but did it anyway since I was set up. The starline brass needed turned as it was a little thicker and more than I wanted for my chamber.

Back