Some fitting quotes.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Not sure the word "fitting" is even remotely adequate when considering these times. By someone who had been in similar circumstances in some ways. Wise men those Founding Fathers of ours were.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

And another,

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
― Samuel Adams

Huh. It's like he was a prophet.

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
― Samuel Adams

Another one that is spot on.

“The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation – enlightened as it is – if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men.”
― Samuel Adams

Not sure the word "fitting" is even remotely adequate when considering these times. By someone who had been in similar circumstances in some ways. Wise men those Founding Fathers of ours were.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

And another,

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
― Samuel Adams

Huh. It's like he was a prophet.

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
― Samuel Adams

Another one that is spot on.

“The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation – enlightened as it is – if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men.”
― Samuel Adams
Sam Adams had a way with words that stirred the soul of those patriots so many years past. Pray that his words still resonate in the heart of some of hear the echo of his passionate pleas in this day as they read his words.

Such words have been burned into my heart and mind as a student of history. I am an admirer of the spirit that filled such men as Samuel Adams, George Washington, Patrick Henry, John Adams, and despite my misgivings toward him, even Thomas Jefferson. They were all fallible men, but they were seized by something much holier than what I see in today's world. They were brave men, and I wish not to squander the future that many dear patriots died for. I will do what I can to live the life they gave theirs for.

There are men today that try to live by the ideas set forth by our founders but are viewed as criminals, crackpots, and undesirable persons.

You might be familiar with some of the names. Weaver, Kahl, and Koresh. If you listen to their words you will find them not unlike our forefathers. Sadly not enough of society cares enough to throw off the yoke of tyranny.

Vince

Back