Ready to load for 300 Win. Mag.

That's some great speed with the 200 AB TX. I'll have to mark that one down..

Thanks guys. I will have to print out this thread and tape it into my loading log. It sounds like you guys have achieved success with a variety of powders and bullets. I am impressed with the range of powder burn rates you have had success with. I will have to look for some 200 grain AB's.

I am having trouble waiting for rifle build.

Dan

I've tested a lot of powders and bullets with my .300 wm and the best powder I've found is IMR4350. I use the same powder for both the 165 grain bullets and the 180 grain bullets. Shoots flat and hits hard. I only use this rifle in cases where I might get an opportunity at long shots or bigger animals.
BTW both those bullets are the old fashion Hornady spire points.

The only problem is that the lead time on the Bartlein barrel is 8-10 months. Oh well, in the meantime we can decide which 7mmRM (left-handed Win. M70's) will get blue printed and the new barrel.

It was difficult finding brass, FL RCBS dies, a Redding Competition seating die, Hornady modified case, and bullets. I scoured the internet and local gun shops to find these items. One item here and one item there. Finally it all came together. Thank goodness the 300 Win. Mag. is NOT a popular deer hunting cartridge here in NY State. The powders and primers I had on hand from before the election. Every item I bought was the last one to be found.

I am hoping to develop a good 300 Win. Mag., 180 gr. AB load for elk hunting in 2022. I have heard that Reloder 22 works very well in the 300WM. I hope the RL-23 performs equally well. Any other suggestions for powder and bullets?

Dan

View attachment 15644
Missing IMR 4350 and IMR 4831 and WLR primers

I used IMR 4350 and 4831 as well in my prev 399 WM with 180 BT and 200 partitions. Worked well. I’m tinkering with RL26 and 175 LRX. Barnes right now. Figuring out the seating depth is all.

I used IMR 4350 and 4831 as well in my prev 399 WM with 180 BT and 200 partitions. Worked well. I’m tinkering with RL26 and 175 LRX. Barnes right now. Figuring out the seating depth is all.
Try seating at the second grove band on bullet !

Thanks. I’ll give that a try. I tried 50/1000th as that was the old standard in my 06 but I’m getting two tight and one out at 2 o’clock. That seating depth is dead on with the old 150 gr XLC’s I had laying around but the LRX’s want something different. and that’s a 300 win mag not a 399. Fat fingered the keyboard apparently.

Try seating at the second grove band on bullet !
This has turned out to be the money spot. Thanks Alaska. Two in the same hole and the third almost touching. 100 yard group off a ” less than ideal rest.” 76 grains of RL26, 175gr LRX seated to the bottom of the second band.

I shoot I believe 77g of H1000 about 3/4 MOA 200g acccubond I think it is about 2850 ish. H4831 is also great.

Back