2022 Hunting Pictures

I've had a good season . I took this 8 point Oct 10 with my crossbow .

IMG_20221010_213549825.jpg

I shot it right before dark . at the hit the deer took off doing the big 10 or 15 foot leaps . I watched it leave and noted it ran to the right of a briar patch . then I thought I saw a deer come around the left side of the briars , but I couldn't be sure it was too dark . I sat about half an hour and got out of the stand , I went home and got Sally to help track . I put Sally where I thought it was at the shot , nothing . I told her to hunt , nothing . I went out a short ways and slowly walked her through where I thought it ran , I could see her get interested . she stretched her neck way out , nose up and turned towards the briar patch . she went a short ways and did the nose in the air again . she pulled me hard right to the deer . this would be her second find . at this point she is 2 for 2 on finding deer .

19140 (1).jpeg

I went away for a deer hunt , and took this doe . I've never seen anything like this . I'm glad I was able to take her . those treble hooks had to be sore , and annoying .

PB010503.JPG

View attachment 18228

I shot it right before dark . at the hit the deer took off doing the big 10 or 15 foot leaps . I watched it leave and noted it ran to the right of a briar patch . then I thought I saw a deer come around the left side of the briars , but I couldn't be sure it was too dark . I sat about half an hour and got out of the stand , I went home and got Sally to help track . I put Sally where I thought it was at the shot , nothing . I told her to hunt , nothing . I went out a short ways and slowly walked her through where I thought it ran , I could see her get interested . she stretched her neck way out , nose up and turned towards the briar patch . she went a short ways and did the nose in the air again . she pulled me hard right to the deer . this would be her second find . at this point she is 2 for 2 on finding deer .

View attachment 18229

I went away for a deer hunt , and took this doe . I've never seen anything like this . I'm glad I was able to take her . those treble hooks had to be sore , and annoying .

View attachment 18230
Congratulations! That's a dandy

View attachment 18228

View attachment 18229

View attachment 18230
Very nice! Wonder what test the angler was using when trying to catch himself a deer? :unsure: Yeah, that had to be bothersome for her.

View attachment 18228

View attachment 18229

View attachment 18230
Congratulations on a couple of fine deer. I hope you gave Sally a treat for finding your buck.

I shot this 19" 8 pt opening day evening hunt with the Nosler M21 308 Win 165 gr BT.

JD338
Congratulations, Jim. That is a great buck. The 308 with 165 BT is a super combination for deer as you proved. Dan

930B7F35-1CB6-4849-8540-D2B441FA5DCB.jpeg
Took a weekend to fill my Utah swan tag. One shot from a Winchester sx2 and 3.5 inch federal number 2 and it came down well hit. I saved the skin for taxidermy and took the breasts and other misc meat for jerky. All my waterfowl goes into jerky at end of the season.

Lovely bird! Never hunted swan, though I've certainly seen them flying over at times.

Just got back from Idaho's Unit 12 and am proud to report I got my spring bear.
View attachment 16967

On my first Canadian bear hunt I wasn't lucky enough to score a bear but did buy my wife a cute stuffed bear with a hat and some snappy lace. 20+ years later and that bear is still propped up on a reading chair in our bedroom. My wife says that it reminds her that I thought of her FIRST while I was away.

Best purchase I ever made. :>)

Wisconsin whitetail at a friend's place. He had me pegged in the stand so the first one I tried to sneak through the brush at him deflected unfortunately. It grazed his back as you can see. 2nd shot running quartering away caught him in front of the onside hip and exited behind the off shoulder. A good blood trail led me to him about 150 yards from the hit site.
Remington 700 Classic 350 Rem Mag shooting 225 Partitions at 2500fps. 20221120_094131.jpg
He'll be traveling home with me to AK early next week.

Back