Ruger No.1

Soup

Beginner
Aug 11, 2022
Gents,
I rarely see any pictures of hunters using No.1 rifles. Just wondering does anyone hunt with their No.1 ?
Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Semper Fidelis,
Soup

25-06 Ackley Imp

PWKwiH7.jpg

zWx7ENW.jpg

aRS5LB4.jpg

Last edited:
I have 2, a #1B in 270 Bee, and a #1V in 22-250, hunted with them for years, killed a bunch of critters with them, but now have more guns than time, I did however loan the 270 Bee to a hunter from UK for his hunting trip to our place, he was impressed with how it did on his buck.

I have only owned one No.1 to date, a Lipsey's Edition RSI in 257 Roberts that now belongs to the wife, and is still NIB. She shoots her Lipsey's Edition No. 1 in 250 Savage and has carried it hunting, but has not yet taken game with it.
Would love to get a Lipsey's Edition RSI in 6.5x55 for hunting with. Hope to find one someday. A No.1 in 338 Federal is another on the bucket list. And a 218 Bee... :cool:
A friend has a No.1 in 270 Wby with a 4 digit s/n that he may sell soon...might have to grab it when he finally decides to sell...

I have only owned one No.1 to date, a Lipsey's Edition RSI in 257 Roberts that now belongs to the wife, and is still NIB. She shoots her Lipsey's Edition No. 1 in 250 Savage and has carried it hunting, but has not yet taken game with it.
Would love to get a Lipsey's Edition RSI in 6.5x55 for hunting with. Hope to find one someday. A No.1 in 338 Federal is another on the bucket list. And a 218 Bee... :cool:
A friend has a No.1 in 270 Wby with a 4 digit s/n that he may sell soon...might have to grab it when he finally decides to sell...
There is a 338 federal on gunbroker.

Gentlemen,
You have restored my faith!!!!!
I'm not the only nut that likes to hunt with a classic single shot.

I've got a 1a.243-1V .22-250 and an RSI in .243.
I finally got a load after much testing of different bullets and powder combinations to shoot sub MOA .
I'm using a 65 grain V Max with IMR4064.
This is in the 1a with a Leupold 3HD 2.5X10X 44 scope. The trigger is a factory 3 screw, and it breaks nice.
My intention is to use it for coyotes in NE PA and Southern NJ.
Then I want to find a load with 90 or 95 grain Ballistic Tips for White Tail Deer.

I sincerely appreciate your responses and great pictures to boot! Keep Em Comin!!!!!

Semper Fidelis
Soup

I never got anything heavier than 55 grain to shoot out of my .22-250, it also likes 4064. Keep the faith, If I find the 300 HH I’m looking for I’ll do all my hunting with the #1; even elk. If I draw three states next season I’ll use the 275 rigby for elk as well.

Last edited:
Folks,
Has anyone used Nosler 90 or 95 grain Ballistic Tips in their .243 No.1?
Thank you.
Soup

Back