123 Absolute Hammer 6.5 Bee

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Changed scope to NF NX8 4-32x50mm. Tried the 123 Absolute Hammers for the 6.5 Bee. It's not too shabby and the brass is gonna last forever

dYqG7CR.jpeg

Dang Fotis,
That's puppy shoots. It's a flat liner. You won't need a range finder until you get past the 450 mark.

JD338

Don't you just love it when a rifle and load comes together and shoots little bitty groups.Guy behind the trigger helps too.

That's one of those bug holer's Fotis. Nice shooting. Should put the knock down on a lot of different game sizes at that speed.

FOTIS":3llwkkpr said:
Changed scope to NF NX8 4-32x50mm. Tried the 123 Absolute Hammers for the 6.5 Bee. It's not too shabby and the brass is gonna last forever

dYqG7CR.jpeg
Wow! Quarter inch groups with extreme velocity. Couple that with the hydrostatic shock and penetration of the Hammer. Impressive is an understatement!

The 127 lrx shot at 3545 with 87 gr of rl33. This load is with the absolute hammer doing 3450. If you read up on the absolute hammer you will know that those bullets have barely any engraving surface and are made to go 2 to 300 feet per second faster than any other bullet and comparable weight

I must be missing something. I understand about the bullets. However there are still pressures on the brass that cannot be that much lower than with other bullets. The FPS are higher using the same pressures---right??

Great info Fotis. I’ve got my little brothers 6.5 Wby. May order up some Hammers and give your load a whirl. Thank you.

Don’t overlook the 124 hammer hunters either, I was very impressed with thier performance on caribou this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Divernhunter":2dch1m1s said:
I must be missing something. I understand about the bullets. However there are still pressures on the brass that cannot be that much lower than with other bullets. The FPS are higher using the same pressures---right??

Yes but I am at a very sedate pressure level at 3450. I believe the absolute hammer would max out after 3600 fps. 6.5 creedmoor shooters are braking 3k fps with them

Back