150 gr.BT

spires5d

Beginner
Jan 22, 2007
I have 400-500 150 grain Nosler BT'S 2nds. to load for my 7MM Rem. Mag and I know that they are good for target shooting. I want to use them to deer hunt with and will the 2nds. work as good as new 150 Nosler's. Also I have some 160 gr. PT'S for my 7 Mag and will they also work well for deer. These are also factory 2nds.

7Mags Forever and a 30 Cal. will "Slam Dunk Um"

Nosler 2nds are pretty much ALL I use for varmint, target, and big game hunting. I do have some Nosler 1sts, but that's due to not having 2nds available and I was developing a load for a new rifle or state rules changed requiring a special bullet - such as CA's no-leaded bullet zone. When the 2nds are available for that caliber and weight, I stock up on them. I haven't had any problems with going from 1st to 2nds/2nds to 1st either.

Like Rich and so many others here, Nosler seconds are all I use for load development, target shooting and hunting.
Great bullets at a great price. Go use them with confidence!

JD338

I cant speak about the 2nds , but I have used the 150 gr BT , in both 7 mm RM and Wea, loaded to 3200 fps and it is an absolutely devestating deer round. And I´ve killed some pretty heavy deer with it, up to 250 lbs. Dont think you can go wrong with a 150 gr BT for deer.

Thanks guys,now I know that I can depend on these 2nds. to do what my 150 CT 1st. have done on deer in the past . As for the .338 & .375 ,I don't know what they will do,but my guess they are a fine moose and caraboo round.

7Mags Forever and a 30 Cal will "Slam Dunk Um"

Have A Good Day

The 338 RUM loaded with 250 gr AB seconds works well on deer too. :mrgreen:
Spike111608a.jpg

JD338

You would be hard pressed to have a 160gr PT in a full throttle 7mm Rem Mag ever let you down. i have never shot the 150gr BT's in my 7RM, but I can't imagine they would be any less effective that a howitzer on deer! Check out some RL22 and the 160's and you should see over 3000FPS and excellent accuracy. Scotty

I've shot the 150gr BT seconds full throtle+ out of my 7mm STW. 1 1/2" inch groups at 300 yards. They make a bit of a mess out of the first antelope i shot with one, so I went to the 160gr AB's. The AB's have performd flawlessly, but the BT's shoot so well, I'm thinking about trying them again.

Back