2 Quick Loads questions: E tips and ???

Dougfir

Beginner
Mar 2, 2018
I'm wondering if anyone has used Quickloads for the Nosler E Tip bullet? Did the results seem to match your experience? Just wondering since it sounds like that bullet can generate higher pressures at lower powder charges, than most others.

Also, a general question about Quick Loads: Doesn't it seem like it would be smart for the makers to turn that thing into an app? I can't imagine they're making much money off of it, but if every reloader could put that info on their phone for 20 bucks, I suspect their wallets would expand in a hurry. Thoughts on why it is still only available on vinyl?

Won't even speculate on marketing. I will tell you that I do use QuickLoad for working up loads with the E-Tip bullets (and for various iterations of Barnes bullets). The results, when appropriate parameters were supplied, were very close to the real world.

That's helpful, Dr. Mike. Thanks! It's such a helpful program, but I feel bad using you all the time and it sounds like quite a process to try to get it working on a Mac..

I did buy a laptop last month, so I could run QL. Still hoping for an app, will prob buy it in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back