2011 Thunder Beast Team Challenge

Zak Smith

Beginner
Jul 9, 2011
Competition Dynamics and Thunder Beast Arms Corporation present The
2011 THUNDER BEAST TEAM CHALLENGE
Nov 4-6, 2011 at the Blue Steel Ranch in Logan, NM

This match is an extreme test of practical field rifle shooting and its supporting activities. Two-man teams will be required to navigate rugged desert terrain, recognize, locate, range, and engage challenging rifle targets from compromised shooting positions, communicate with their partner and the range officer (RO), and do it under time constraints. This will be a physically-demanding match!

The match staff have a proven track record of involvement in some of the most challenging and influential 3-Gun, multi-gun, and practical long-range matches of the last ten years, including: the Steel Safari, Practical Rifle Team Challenge, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, SOF 3-Gun, and the and the United States Marshall's Posse match.

The venue for the match is the Blue Steel Ranch, near Logan NM. This is the same site where the Steel Safari is held.

tbtc.jpg

The rest of the details are available on the
MATCH WEB SITE

The fee is on par with or cheaper than other major 3-day matches. The ITRC/WTRC was $600/team. The RM3G Nat'ls are $295/person. The 2-day Snipershide matches have been $112 per day per person. The Steel Safari is around $100 per day per person. That's about what you can expect for a practical shooting match held out in real terrain.

We still have some slots left if teams are interested in signing up. I need to know ASAP.

Matches like that are a heck of a lot of fun, and I'd encourage anyone with the time and money to attend such a competition. You'll learn a lot about your capabilities as a rifleman, and likely improve quite a bit during or after the match.

Zak - I had the fever for those matches back in the 1990's and went to quite a few here in the Pacific Northwest. Did real well in some of them, not well at all in some others.

Washington State Counter-Sniper Seminar which ran for 20 years (not held anymore)

British Columbia Sniper match which has been held since WWII times

Idaho Sniper Championship which I don't think is being held anymore

There were some others as well. They were GREAT! Lots of fun, challenging too. But, available time and money caught up to me. Sacrificing a weekend, particularly during the hunting seasons, is asking a lot. Then there's the travel and all the assorted expenses. Too much for this guy to hit your Thunder Beast match.

Again though - if someone has the time and money - matches like this are a hoot!

Regards, Guy

Back