2017 Elk Hunt

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
Well, as I stated about a week or so ago my wife and I have decided that we have to take our foot of the gas and relax a little :wink:.
My wife and I talked, she advised if things went well this past week that I should take a few days and head up to see if I can knock down a Elk.
Good news is that the Appraiser for our church can't meet until next Wednesday so I call my cousin and he advised that my bed is waiting so I am leaving in the morning for 3 days in the bush :mrgreen: .
I am going to take both my 35 Whelen and my 280AI along for the ride. I will use the 280AI for the morning drives and then when we sit in the blind calling for the evening I will have my 35 Whelen :lol:.
I will hopefully have some photos and story or 2 :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Sounds like a great way to use 3 days if you ask me!

A 35 Whelen just has to be a stopper for elk. Hope you do well and am looking forward to pics.

chs

Great, Dan! Enjoy. We're all pulling for you to be successful. Looking forward to a positive report.

Well got back Sunday, showered and attended a one day Leadership Conference on Monday :wink:.
Well we had a great time a young fellow who lives with my cousin shot a young bull calf Thursday and other than that all we saw were Moose :shock: 25 of them to be exact.
The young fellow is a Native lad and has lived with my cousin for almost 10 years now, Jaime will be 16 years old for his whole life but that is okay he is a great kid and works in the corporate hog barns full time (y). He buys his tags so that we can hunt with him and he has always gave his first animal to his Kokum :), he just loves to be able to help his family.
We again had some trouble with another hunter as Saturday evening we had a bull responding to our call and was coming in when there were 3 shots :( the owner of the land right next to where we were had got between us and the bull on his land and shot him.
The worst part of that is we were advised that he only wounded the Elk and was unable to find him :evil:!!
It is not illegal but in my opinion it is very unethical :( .
But all in all we had a great time and it was nice to see the Moose :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

Back