225AB

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Collected one today at 25 yards in water jugs found in number 6. Expanded to .655" and retained 148.6 or 65% of its original weight. Not sure on muzzle velocity didn't have my Chrony out but I will post that next time I shoot it. I'm guessing I'm between 2700-2750.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,861
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3,861
Excellent performance, Jake. That'll work for about anything you would ever want to hunt in North America.

Picture perfect performance Jake. You are ready for anything in NA.

JD338

Very nice Jake. I think I might work with the 225's or 250's next year in my 338. Those 225's have alot going for them.

I have tried a few other bullets since owning my first 338 Win Mag but I always return and now stay with the 225 AB. This post is very encouragaing and reassuring - thanks Jake!!

Where did I learn about this wonderful Nosler 225 AB you might ask?
From the guy I learned a vast majority of my reloading and still continue to glean great info... :arrow: :arrow: Scotty!!!!!!!

Thanks All
Steve

I'm starting to get a little bored with the Partition-like performance of the ABs. It seems like they've got them dialed in pretty good.

That load will perform great on anything.

Thanks for the boring report! :grin:

Good stuff Jake! You got me thinking about running a 225 AB in some jugs at 3000 fps from the 338-375 Ruger.

I had tighter groups with the 250 AB's in my custom 338RUM but that's just a one gun test.

I'm curious about these premium bullets that shed weight in the various water penetration tests. Do you find actual pieces of lead in the first several bottles? Does water actually shear the lead off?

Charlie-NY":dobipzzb said:
I had tighter groups with the 250 AB's in my custom 338RUM but that's just a one gun test.

I'm curious about these premium bullets that shed weight in the various water penetration tests. Do you find actual pieces of lead in the first several bottles? Does water actually shear the lead off?

I will find small pieces of lead in the first few jugs, IF, I can find any of the first few jugs at least partially intact. The bigger rifles tend to shred the first 2 or 3 jugs so badly there isn't much left to inspect.

I have been playing with a little ruger .338 RCM and really like the little gun,to my way of thinking it is a short,compact .338-06..handles 225 gr hornadys real well. waiting here for some warmer weather,good shooting guy's.

The .30-06 is never a mistake..

What is your load for that 338-06? I have several hundred 225s AB and shoot them in my Savage 338-06 with a 25" barrel and use a very stout load of RL17, getting close to 2800 fps in the summer, closer to 2750 in fall time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back