250 gr 9.3mm BT

GSSP

Beginner
Aug 11, 2005
Hey Nosler,

Please bring back the 250 gr 9.3mm Ballistic Tip. I promise to buy lots of the them for practice and shooting lighter game. The AB is just too expensive to buy for practice. I think you'll make plenty of money doing so. You already have the tooling for it; right?

Alan

I will add a vote for the both of you.

In the mean time, stock up on AB seconds when they become available.

JD338

GSSP":iw4ikho4 said:
Already did! :grin:

Attaboy! Well done. 8)
Now all we need is Nosler to make a run of BT's. :mrgreen:

JD338

I won't buy 1st AB's anymore for practice or hunting unless I run out. I'll cast my own bullets for practice.

Sigh ... after being most cautious with the 250 gr 9,3 NBTs over the years I shot the last ones yesterday. Not enough left to take hunting.

Nosler Guys ... I've used a pile of 55 grainers in .224, tried them in .308 and in .375. The .308 and the .375 NBTs were certainly accurate ... but way too soft for use in the field. The 55 gr/.224s and the 250 gr/9,3s are or were the top of the class in the Ballistic Tip line. Accurate. tough enough to use on game, and inexpensive enough to actually practice with.

Please bring the 250 gr 9,3mm Ballistic Tip back from the grave!

Mike

DrMike":2echd4wh said:
I'm hooped. I will just keep buying firsts.

Yes we just get screwed north of the border........... no shipping of bullets directly to Canadians in the mail thanks to the US BS restrictions.

Really ticks me off at times.

Please bring the 250 gr 9,3mm Ballistic Tip back from the grave!

Mike,

Welcome to the forum; good to have you aboard. Keep the pressure on. If enough of us show interest, we just get our 9.3mm BT!

Mooswa":lmqlffi2 said:
DrMike":lmqlffi2 said:
I'm hooped. I will just keep buying firsts.

Yes we just get screwed north of the border........... no shipping of bullets directly to Canadians in the mail thanks to the US BS restrictions.

Really ticks me off at times.

Mooswa,

Please explain.

Alan

Alan........... sorry I tend to forget most people do not know that there are several government agencies in the US that implemented restrictions on sending reloading supplies, gun parts, even scopes with 'military reticles' out of the US. Not sure on the exact date but it is all related to increased so called 'security' issues after 9/11.

It is necessary to apply for an export permit in order to purchase these types of things and transport them out of the US into Canada. Even Canadians driving to the US on holidays cannot purchase and bring any ammunition, powder, primers, bullets, or brass back into Canada. In fact it is illegal for the store in the US to sell it to the Canadian tourist if they know they are not US citizens. Our customs did not have an issue with it but the US side does and have been pressuring Canada Border Services to enforce it.

US Border Patrol and US Customs have even been springing up at border crossings and checking vehicles waiting in line to cross the border. If they had reloading supplies they were seizing them.

US mail order companies will not send bullets or brass to us in the mail and US Customs/DHS does in fact check parcels heading out of the US and seize any of these items. Usually DHS then contacts the shipper and rips them a new one and in some cases lays charges.

If I contact Brownell's, they will ship a screwdriver to me or a barrel vice, but they will not ship a new bolt shroud or other such things as the are considered gun parts.

There are other twists and turns to this but that is it in a nutshell.

Alan,

Homeland Security will not permit manufacturers to ship components (brass, bullets, rifle magazines, barrels, rifle scopes, binoculars, etc.) beyond the US borders except through licensed and approved brokers. Consequently, should someone living in Canada wish to purchase bullets from SPS, they cannot do so. They must purchase from a Canadian retailer. Consequently, the cost of components goes up considerably.

DrMike":3joy2fnj said:
Homeland Security, keeping America safe from Canadians. :mrgreen:

It would be funny if it was not so ridiculous. Oh well, can't do a damn thing about it except live with it.

DrMike":sejkjugn said:
Homeland Security, keeping America safe from Canadians. :mrgreen:

Yeah!!! Kind of like "Military Intelligence". I can say that since I'm retired Army :lol:

Alan

Back