280AI Received

kimbroughr

Beginner
Mar 23, 2007
I received my 280AI last weekend and wanted to post a few first impressions.

1. Amount of time to receive the rifle. Given the overall quality and the fact that Nosler aims for perfection I can find no fault in their ensuring everything is done right - the first time.

2. Quality. Excellent! I could go on, but frankly there are not enough adjectives in the English language to do it justice.

3. Accuracy. Unbelievable. I fired 3 rounds to get the feel of the rifle. The next 3 (fired from a squatting position, rifle resting on a tree stump - padded with an army field jacket) grouped smaller than a penny - so less than 3/4 inch at 100+ yards. Can't wait to try it at the range from a bench and proper rest - I'm thinking the 1/2 inch guarantee is too lenient.

4. Function. Simplicity at it's finest.

5. Overall. Fit, Finish, Feel, Shootability, Optics, Case, Ammo and all the rest - the best I've ever experienced.

Thanks to all at Nosler.

I ordered in April (I think) and my SN is a low double digit. At the time I told Kyle I was in no hurry as I live in London and didn't know when I would be in the US to accept delivery. As it happened shortly after I was notified it was finished I had a business trip so arranged for them to send it. Now that they have the kinks worked out of the bolt production they should be cranked out at a regular pace. The email I received in November listed 76 rifles ready to ship, almost ready, waiting to be stocked or fired, or on-stand-by until they moved some out. Have faith - it is definitely worth the wait.

Congratulations on your rifle. Sounds like it is a shooter. 8)
Post some pics when you can.

JD338

Congratulations, sounds great!

Need pictures buddy!

391862.gif

Despite my best efforts, I have failed miserably to post the pics. Probably shouldn't tell that I work for a company with IT in the name!!! Help please.

Back